BI employee faces criminal complaint

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) is considering filing criminal and administrative charges against one of its employees who tried to bribe his supervisor P10 million to allow Kenneth Dong to leave the country. Marc Red Mariñas, chief of the BI’s Port Operations Division, said one of the airport supervisors in Visayas reported on Jan. 8 [...] The post BI employee faces criminal complaint appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource: manilatimes_net manilatimes_netJan 13th, 2018

Loboc mayor faces graft complaint before Ombudsman

BOHOL, Philippines – The Office of the Ombudsman has found enough basis to proceed with the criminal investigation of a case filed against Loboc, Bohol Mayor Helen Calipusan Alaba. The town's chief executive was ordered to answer the complaint lodged by engineer Nilo Sarigumba. "Failure to comply ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMar 18th, 2018

Capitol employee faces probe for solicitation

AN EMPLOYEE of the Iloilo Provincial Assessor’s Office is facing investigation for alleged malfeasance. Gov. Arthur Defensor Sr. created a fact-finding committee on Jan 22, 2018 to investigate claims that Rodel Parreño allegedly solicited and accepted money in exchange processing the transfer of a land title to complainant Antonia Novilla. In a complaint-affidavit, Novilla alleged […] The post Capitol employee faces probe for solicitation appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsJan 26th, 2018

City Hall worker caught in drug sting faces dismissal

ILOILO CITY Mayor Jose Espinosa III warned city hall employees to avoid dealing illegal drugs lest they suffer criminal and administrative penalties. Espinosa made the appeal after a city hall employee was busted in an anti-drug operation on Jan 2, 2018. “If there are others who are into the same activity, stop it. We will […] The post City Hall worker caught in drug sting faces dismissal appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsJan 3rd, 2018

‘Narco general’ faces illegal wealth raps

MANILA, Philippines — The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) has filed a criminal complaint against retired Philippine National Police (PNP) deputy direc.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 29th, 2017

Louisville board OKs firing of Pitino in hoops scandal

em>By Gary B. Graves, Associated Press /em> LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Louisville’s interim president was authorized Monday to fire Rick Pitino because of a federal bribery investigation, a scandal that has shaken the university and brought down one of the most prominent coaches in college basketball. The school’s Athletics Association, a separate body of officials that oversees Louisville’s sports programs, unanimously approved a resolution to fire Pitino after meeting for more than two hours on Monday. Pitino was placed on unpaid administrative leave last week after law enforcement officials announced the probe and the school acknowledged its inclusion in the investigation . Though Pitino is not named in court complaints, Postel says the allegations violated his contract and provided just cause to be placed on unpaid leave. Postel’s next move after the vote is notifying the Hall of Fame coach of Louisville’s plan to fire him after 16 seasons. “The letter that the board has asked me to write will go through in detail and explain the logic,” Postel said, “and that letter will be crafted as soon as possible.” Pitino’s attorney, Steve Pence, did not immediately return messages seeking comment. Athletic director Tom Jurich was placed on paid administrative leave and Postel said he plans to announce an interim replacement Tuesday. The Monday vote came exactly two years after the revelation of a sex scandal that led to NCAA penalties for Pitino and Louisville this summer. Pitino and the university are appealing those sanctions, which could end with the vacating of the school’s 2013 national championship. Pitino pulled through that scandal but now must deal with the official end of his storied career with the Cardinals. During a trustee board meeting, Postel released Sept. 27 disciplinary letters to Pitino and Jurich in which he called the allegations “disturbing and unprecedented.” David Padgett was named as Pitino’s interim replacement Friday. The letters were released Monday as Postel and university trustees discussed the scandal for the first time. Jurich is on paid leave pending review. Postel said he has talked with four department coaches and planned to meet with all of them Tuesday to explain the process of replacing Jurich. “Very little time has passed since we all learned about these events, and last week my focus had to be on working with the acting men’s basketball coach,” Postel said. “There needs to be acting leadership in place during this interim period, and we’re intending to be very quick about that,” Postel said. “I still have to do some interviews and do some due diligence.” The letter to Pitino states that the allegations in the complaint “insinuate a scheme of fraud and malfeasance” in recruiting — a contract violation providing just cause for his unpaid leave. Postel said there was “vigorous” discussion among the athletic board about Pitino. He said the coach’s profile weighs the same as any other university employee when it comes to discipline. “I would have just as much angst and just as much need to do it correctly, no matter who it was,” Postel said. “The fact that he has the accomplishments he does is really unrelated.” The president criticized Jurich for failing to update or consult the athletic board about his negotiation of the department’s sponsorship extension with Adidas. Postel also called “unacceptable” the level of misconduct and alleged criminal activity, as well as the negative attention brought to Louisville. Jurich’s lawyer, Alison M. Stemler, disputed Postel’s allegations in a Sept. 29 letter to him and emailed to media late Monday. Stemler pointed out Jurich’s Sept. 1 memo to university attorney Becky Strohm that said several university officials and attorneys participated in negotiations with the sportswear maker and assisted in at least 11 meetings. Jurich also wasn’t aware of misconduct or criminal activity, the letter added, and did not “cause or contribute” to negative publicity for the university. Louisville’s intention to name an interim replacement for Jurich also suggests the school doesn’t plan for him to return to work “in the foreseeable future.” That would violate a contract clause requiring that Jurich receive 90 days’ notice of termination without cause. Pitino maintains he has done nothing wrong, saying in a statement Wednesday through his lawyer that the “rush to judgment is regrettable.”   .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsOct 3rd, 2017

Metrobank files criminal complaint vs employee

Metrobank files criminal complaint vs employee.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  pepRelated NewsAug 2nd, 2017

Jack Lam faces criminal complaint

Jack Lam faces criminal complaint.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  pepRelated NewsDec 24th, 2016

PNoy summoned on Dengvaxia issue

THE Department of Justice is set to start the preliminary investigation into the criminal complaint filed by Vanguard of the Philippines, Inc. (VCPI) and Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC) against former President Benigno Aquino III, two former Cabinet officials and several former and incumbent health officials in connection with….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsMar 18th, 2018

DoJ summons Aquino, Abad on Dengvaxia mess

THE Department of Justice will start the preliminary investigation on the criminal complaint filed by Vanguard of the Philippines, Inc. (VCPI) and Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC) against former President Benigno Aquino III, two former Cabinet officials and several former and incumbent health officials in connection with the controversial….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsMar 18th, 2018

Prosecutor on Espinosa, et al. case: ‘It is not our job to look for evidence’

    "It is not our job to look for evidence," said one of the prosecutors who had recommended the dismissal of the complaint filed by the Philippine National Polices Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (PNP-CIDG) against businessman Peter Lim, self-confessed drug distributor Kerwin Espinosa and several others.   Former Assistant Prosecutor, now Lucena, Quezon Regional Trial Court Judge Aristotle M. Reyes said the duty of the prosecutor is not to gather evidence but to evaluate the evidence submitted by the complainant, on this case, the CIDG.   He said if Kerwin made an admission of his illegal drug transactions during the Senate investiga...Keep on reading: Prosecutor on Espinosa, et al. case: ‘It is not our job to look for evidence’.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 15th, 2018

How will DOJ now handle De Lima case? Ex-SolGen asks

The dismissal of the criminal case against high-profile drug kingpin Peter Lim and other alleged narcotics bosses has put the Department of Justice (DOJ) in a bind in a similar complaint involving detained Sen. Leila de Lima, former Solicitor General Florin Hilbay said on Tuesday. Hilbay, one of the lawyers for De Lima, lamented how the DOJ treated the two complaints differently although they both involved alleged violations of Republic Act No. 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002. In July 2016, President Duterte tagged Lim, who turned out to be his wedding compadre (cosponsor), as the biggest drug lord in the country. "The DOJ applied the basic rules to co...Keep on reading: How will DOJ now handle De Lima case? Ex-SolGen asks.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 14th, 2018

WATCH | Aguirre mum on dismissal of drug raps vs Peter Lim, Kerwin, et al

Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II on Tuesday declined to comment on the dismissal of the criminal complaint filed by the Philippine National Police (PNP) against Cebu-based businessman Peter Lim, Roland “Kerwin” Espinosa, Peter Co and several others for their alleged dealing in illegal drugs operations in Central and Eastern Visayas. “As of the moment, my […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsMar 13th, 2018

Cops have a right to remain silent, too – Duterte

  ZAMBOANGA CITY---President Duterte on Saturday ordered soldiers and police not to answer questions from human rights investigators, saying their silence was constitutionally protected and this would avoid conflicting statements.   Mr. Duterte gave similar instructions to police officers during a visit to Davao City last week.   The President's order follows an announcement by International Criminal Court (ICC) prosecutor Fatou Bensouda last month that she would start a preliminary examination of a complaint accusing Mr. Duterte of crimes against humanity in connection with his bloody war on drugs.   It also comes on the heels of a statement ...Keep on reading: Cops have a right to remain silent, too – Duterte.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 10th, 2018

Tunisian denies gun raps

THE Department of Justice has submitted for resolution the criminal complaint filed by Philippine National Police (PNP) and Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) against a suspected Tunisian terrorist tagged as an alleged member of terrorist organization Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS). During the last preliminary investigation, Fehmi….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsMar 4th, 2018

ICC case won’t deter Duterte from pursuing war on drugs

DAVAO CITY --- President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday said the war on drugs would continue regardless of the complaint filed against him in the International Court of Justice. "It will not stop the war on drugs. ICC (International Criminal Court) or no ICC it will proceed until the last day of my term," the President said. Even the deaths of drug suspects, which have been heavily criticized, would not stop the government's implementation of its antidrug campaign, he added. "Just because there are dead persons, we [do not] have to stop our campaign against drugs," the President said in a speech during the inauguration of a shooting range of the Arms Corp. of the Philippines here...Keep on reading: ICC case won’t deter Duterte from pursuing war on drugs.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 27th, 2018

DOJ creates panel to handle Dengvaxia case vs ex-President Aquino, others

The Department of Justice (DOJ) has created a panel of investigators that will handle the criminal complaint against former President Benigno Aquino III and 19 others for the reported deaths and serious illnesses of children inoculated with the anti-dengue Dengvaxia vaccine. In Office Order No. 439, Prosecutor General Jorge Catalan Jr. created a panel of prosecutors to handle the complaint filed by the Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC) and Vanguard of the Philippine Constitution Inc. (VPCI). The panel will be chaired by Senior Assistant State Prosecutor Rossane Balauag. Members of the panel are Senior Assistant State Prosecutor Hazel Decena Valdez and Assistant Stat...Keep on reading: DOJ creates panel to handle Dengvaxia case vs ex-President Aquino, others.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 26th, 2018

P1-B tax evasion complaint filed vs Dunkin’ Donuts franchisee

THE Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) filed on Friday a P1-billion tax evasion complaint against Prieto-owned Golden Donuts, Inc. (GDI), which holds the local franchise for Dunkin’ Donuts chain. In a statement, the BIR said the criminal complaint was filed with the Department of Justice against Golden Donuts and four of its officials for willful […] The post P1-B tax evasion complaint filed vs Dunkin’ Donuts franchisee appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsFeb 24th, 2018

Ex-DOH consultant faces libel raps

MANILA, Philippines — Physician Francisco Cruz, a former consultant of the Department of Health, is facing criminal cases of libel after he accused DOH Assis.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 21st, 2018

& apos;DOH mafia& apos; accuser faces libel complaint - Rappler

'DOH mafia' accuser faces libel complaint - Rappler.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsFeb 20th, 2018

‘DOH mafia’ accuser faces libel complaint

MANILA, Philippines – Physician Francis Cruz, also known as the Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption’s (VACC) Dengvaxia whistleblower, is now facing a libel complaint for claiming mafia-like operations exist at the Department of Health (DOH).  Philippine Children’s Medical Center (PCMC) executive director Julius Lecciones filed the complaint against ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsFeb 19th, 2018