Advertisements


EPD says bullet from partner’s gun killed Mandaluyong shooting mishap victim

A victim in the December 28 police misencounter in Mandaluyong City was slapped with homicide complaint after investigation showed that he, and not the police, fatally shot Jonalyn Amba-an by accident. Source link link: EPD says bullet from partner’s gun killed Mandaluyong shooting mishap victim.....»»

Category: newsSource: manilainformer manilainformerJan 12th, 2018

EPD says bullet from partner’s gun killed Mandaluyong shooting mishap victim

A victim in the December 28 police misencounter in Mandaluyong City was slapped with homicide complaint after investigation showed that he, and not the police, fatally shot Jonalyn Amba-an by accident. Source link link: EPD says bullet from partner’s gun killed Mandaluyong shooting mishap victim.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsJan 12th, 2018

Mandaluyong shooting probe: Victim turns into suspect

Police secure the site of the Dec. 28 shooting incident at the corner of Shaw Boulevard and Old Wack Wack Road. --JUSTIN PUNSALANG/Radyo Inquirer From victim to suspect. That's the twis.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsJan 12th, 2018

Victims in Mandaluyong shooting died of multiple gunshot wounds --EPD

Jonalyn Ambaon and Jomar Hayawon were killed last December 28 when responding police officers opened fire on the wrong vehicle while they were pursuing an armed suspect in Barangay Additional Hills, M.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsJan 5th, 2018

Crime lab: Victim in Mandaluyong shooting may have been shot at close range - InterAksyon

Crime lab: Victim in Mandaluyong shooting may have been shot at close range - InterAksyon.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJan 4th, 2018

Police team leader in shooting surfaces at NCRPO

THE TEAM leader of the Mandaluyong City police personnel who figured in the shooting that killed two persons and wounded two others on Dec. 28 surfaced at the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) in Taguig City on Wednesday. Senior Inspector Maria Cristina Vasquez had been declared absent without official leave since Dec. 30. She […] The post Police team leader in shooting surfaces at NCRPO appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsJan 4th, 2018

Police team leader in Mandaluyong shooting surfaces at NCRPO

The team leader of the Mandaluyong police personnel who figured in the shooting that killed two persons and wounded two others on December 28 surfaced at the National Capital Region Police Office in Taguig City on Wednesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsJan 4th, 2018

PNP asks kin of Mandaluyong shooting victim not to doubt SOCO

"Ako ang masasabi ko lang sa pamilya please do not doubt the credibility of our SOCO. Kami mismo sa pulis, halimbawa, meron kaming gustong paboran, just in case lang ha this is theoretical situat.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsJan 3rd, 2018

PAO providing legal aid to wounded victim in Mandaluyong shooting - Manila Bulletin

PAO providing legal aid to wounded victim in Mandaluyong shooting - Manila Bulletin.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJan 3rd, 2018

PAO to provide legal aid for survivor in Mandaluyong shooting mishap

One of the two survivors in the shooting incident in Mandaluyong City on December 28 would get legal assistance from the Public Attorney's Office (PAO).   Eliseo Aluad approached the PAO for assistance in his case against police officers and village watchmen tagged in the fatal shooting mishap, according to PAO chief Persida Rueda-Acosta.   "It was the survivor in the shooting who was first to seek our assistance. Mr. Eliseo Aluad was referred to us by members of the media," Acosta saidonWednesday.   READ: Mandaluyong shooting: A sad case of miscommunication?   Aluad was among the two civilians injured in the policemen's hail of gunfire on ...Keep on reading: PAO to provide legal aid for survivor in Mandaluyong shooting mishap.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 3rd, 2018

Surrender, PNP chief urges AWOL cop in Mandaluyong shooting

Director General Ronald "Bato" dela Rosa, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief, has asked one of the 10 Mandaluyong cops relieved over the deadly Dec. 28 shooting incident to surrender and face charges. Senior Insp. Maria Cristina Vasquez has reportedly gone absent without leave after administrative and criminal charges were filed against her and nine other Mandaluyong police officers over the shooting. "Kung nakikinig 'yong policewoman na 'yon, sana nakikinig ka. Magiging subject ka ng manhunt operations kapag lumabas ang warrant mo kawawa ka," Dela Rosa said in a press conference at Camp Crame on Tuesday. On the day of the shooting, in which two persons were killed and t...Keep on reading: Surrender, PNP chief urges AWOL cop in Mandaluyong shooting.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 2nd, 2018

De la Rosa orders arrest of gun-toting ‘tanods’

PHILIPPINE National Police (PNP) Chief Ronald “Bato” de la Rosa ordered on Tuesday the arrest of barangay tanods (village watchmen) carrying firearms illegally. De la Rosa gave the order following a “mistaken identity” shooting on December 29 in Mandaluyong City where 10 policemen and several village watchmen killed two civilians inside a vehicle, which they thought [...] The post De la Rosa orders arrest of gun-toting ‘tanods’ appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJan 2nd, 2018

Police team leader in Mandaluyong shooting mishap gone AWOL –Bato

Philippine National Police chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa on Tuesday urged the team leader of the Mandaluyong police involved in the shooting which resulted in the death of two people to surface. Source link link: Police team leader in Mandaluyong shooting mishap gone AWOL –Bato.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsJan 2nd, 2018

Dela Rosa: Mandaluyong shooting a mistake; police not condoning it

PHILIPPINE National Police (PNP) chief Ronald dela Rosa admitted Tuesday, January 2, that the shooting incident that killed two civilians in Mandaluyong City was mistake on the part of the police, but he assured that they were not condoning it. He assured that the PNP leadership has acted on the incident and would work on… link: Dela Rosa: Mandaluyong shooting a mistake; police not condoning it.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsJan 2nd, 2018

Shooting ‘mistake’ victim, watchmen test positive for gunpowder residue

Police investigators said that four suspects in the December 28 Mandaluyong shooting incident, including watchmen Wilmer Doron and Ernesto Fajardo, had tested positive for gunpowder residue,  GMA 7 news program “24 Oras Weekend” reported on Sunday. Source link link: Shooting ‘mistake’ victim, watchmen test positive for gunpowder residue.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsDec 31st, 2017

‘No New Year’s celebration until we get justice,’ says sister of shooting victim

Jonalyn Anilao should have been manning her sari-sari store on New Year's Eve, waiting for the "mabentang" araw to pass and return to her family's house before midnight to share a simple media noche meal. [Previous reports identified the victim as Jonalyn Ambaon. But her death certificate lists Ambaon sa her middle name and Anilao as her surname. -Ed.] Instead, the 35-year-old Anilao lies in a casket a few blocks away from their house. The casket has been inside a multipurpose hall of Barangay Addition Hills since Saturday, two days after she was killed in a shooting incident at the corner of Shaw Boulevard and Old Wack Wack Road. Her elder sister, Marnie Canoto, sat at c...Keep on reading: ‘No New Year’s celebration until we get justice,’ says sister of shooting victim.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 31st, 2017

2 dead in ‘mistaken identity’ shooting

POLICE killed two people, including a badly injured woman who was being rushed to a hospital, and injured two others in Mandaluyong City after mistaking them for gunmen, authorities said on Friday. Metro Manila Police Director Oscar Albayalde ordered the immediate removal of 11 policemen, including the chief of police, pending the results of an [...] The post 2 dead in ‘mistaken identity’ shooting appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsDec 29th, 2017

2 killed as Mandaluyong tanods, cops mistakenly shoot at vehicle

Responding police officers, having been told by the watchmen that the vehicle carried an armed suspect, and seeing that the watchmen themselves had opened fire, started shooting.........»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsDec 29th, 2017

2 killed in misencounter in Mandaluyong; 10 policemen relieved

TWO people were killed and two others were wounded in a misencounter in Mandaluyong City on Thursday night, as policemen and village watchmen involved in the shooting incident were relieved from their posts immediately pending results of an investigation. The fatalities were identified as Jonalyn Ambaan and Jomar Hayawon. Injured were Eliseo Aluad Jr. and [...] The post 2 killed in misencounter in Mandaluyong; 10 policemen relieved appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsDec 29th, 2017

2 dead as motorcycle-riding gunmen strike in Caloocan, Manila

Two men were killed by motorcycle-riding gunmen in the cities of Manila and Caloocan on Thursday, just a few days before Christmas. The shooting incident in Caloocan City left a former barangay official dead while in Manila, the victim was a tricycle driver suspected of being a former drug user, the police said. At 1:21 p.m. on Thursday in Caloocan City, Melvin Casipit, 53, was shot twice in the head by a man who, along with three other masked companions, barged into the house of his friend, Alberto Banal, on 2nd Avenue in Barangay 120. Case investigator PO1 Nio Paguirigan said that as Casipit was killed, four other suspects on motorcycles served as lookouts outside his friend's...Keep on reading: 2 dead as motorcycle-riding gunmen strike in Caloocan, Manila.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 22nd, 2017

Girl, 9, dead in road mishap

ROXAS CITY, Capiz – A 9-year-old girl was killed in a road mishap afternoon of Dec. 17, 2017, at Barangay Poblacion Ilawod, Panit-an town. Police identified the victim as Shella Mae Oqueña, a resident of the said village. An initial investigation by Panitan police indicated that a pick-up car driven by Louie Catalan, 28, of […] The post Girl, 9, dead in road mishap appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsDec 19th, 2017