Advertisements


Only insults, threats in Duterte s 3rd Sona speech - Makabayan bloc

Lawmakers from the House Makabayan bloc have offered their fearless forecast on the content of President Rodrigo Duterte's upcoming State of the Nation Address (Sona): insults, threats, and mi.....»»

Category: newsSource: philippinetimes philippinetimesJul 12th, 2018

Robredo to attend SONA, ready for ‘insults’

VICE-PRESIDENT Maria Leonor G. Robredo on Friday said she will attend President Rodrigo R. Duterte’s third State of the Nation Address (SoNA) on Monday, July 23, adding that she is ready to face possible “insults” by Mr. Duterte......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated News4 hr. 27 min. ago

Severe Tropical Storm Inday, Zuckerberg on Holocaust, Liam and Noel Gallagher | Evening wRap

Today on Rappler: More Duterte insults at SONA 2018? 'I’m ready,' says Robredo. Martires, Sandoval short-listed; Bello disqualified for Ombudsman. Zuckerberg at center of Holocaust denial controversy. Liam Gallagher 'forgives' brother Noel, calls for Oasis reunion. More rain on July 21 from Inday-enhanced monsoon......»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated News11 hr. 6 min. ago

Duterte to sign Bangsamoro law before SONA on Monday, says Palace

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte’s third State of the Nation Address (SONA) will be historic as the Chief Executive is expected to sign the proposed Bangsamoro law before delivering his speech on Monday, Malacañang said on Thursday. Palace spokesman Harry Roque Jr. made the statement after the 28-member bicameral conference committee approved on Wednesday night the reconciled [...] The post Duterte to sign Bangsamoro law before SONA on Monday, says Palace appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJul 19th, 2018

Duterte to be projected as nation’s father at SONA

Malacañang wants President Duterte projected as the nation’s father at his third State of the Nation Address (SONA) on July 23, according to the film director hired to direct the presidential speech......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 15th, 2018

SONA 2018 security head advises Duterte not to face protesters again

MANILA, Philippines – The head of security for President Rodrigo Duterte's 3rd State of the Nation Address (SONA) is advising him to skip meeting with protesters after his speech on July 23. Lieutenant General Roland Detabali, House of Representatives sergeant-at-arms, said on Thursday, July 12, they have been ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJul 12th, 2018

Duterte on 3rd Sona: I will read my speech and it won t exceed 35 minutes

President Rodrigo Duterte (Photo from an RTVM video) Known for ignoring prepared speeches and going impromptu, President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday night said he woud read a prepared speech, which w.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsJul 10th, 2018

Duterte on 3rd Sona: I will read my speech and it won’t exceed 35 minutes

Known for ignoring prepared speeches and going impromptu, President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday night said he woud read a prepared speech, which will not exceed 35 minutes, for his third State of the Nation Address (Sona). "I will read my Sona speech which should not be more than 35 minutes," presidential spokesperson Harry Roque quoted the President as saying. The President's first Sona lasted for an hour and 32 minutes and his second Sona lasted for two hours. The President, known for delivering long speeches, went off script during his previous Sona speeches as he slammed his critics and made bold pronouncements about his administration's policies. Roque had earlier said...Keep on reading: Duterte on 3rd Sona: I will read my speech and it won’t exceed 35 minutes.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 9th, 2018

Duterte says his SONA will last not more than 35 minutes

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte, known for rarely keeping his speeches within an hour long, says his upcoming State of the Nation Address (SONA) will not go over 35 minutes. Duterte made this remark during the Cabinet meeting on Monday, July 9. "I will read my SONA speech which should ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJul 9th, 2018

Duterte to ‘speak from heart’ in SONA 3 — Palace

President Duterte may again deviate from his prepared speech during his third State of the Nation Address as he is expected to speak “from the heart” instead of focusing on the gains of his administration, Malacañang said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 5th, 2018

Palace: Duterte’s 3rd SONA speech to come ‘straight from the heart’

 President Duterte’s economic managers will conduct their own briefings prior to the third State of the Nation Address (SONA) to allow the chief executive to deliver his message to the Filipino people “straight from the heart,” the Palace said Thursday.   Source link link: Palace: Duterte’s 3rd SONA speech to come ‘straight from the heart’.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsJul 5th, 2018

Militants rain on Duterte’s first Indepence Day rites

A MILITANT group rained on President Rodrigo Duterte’s first Independence Day parade as the country’s leader. As Duterte began his speech at the 120th celebration of Philippine independence at the Museo ni Aguinaldo in Kawit, Cavite, members of Bagong Alyansang Makabayan (BAYAN) – Southern Tagalog interrupted him with shouts of “Huwad na Kalayaan! Hulyo a-dose!” [...] The post Militants rain on Duterte’s first Indepence Day rites appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJun 12th, 2018

Women can’t stand threats? Netizens tell Duterte to ‘go back to the last century’

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte is once again under fire for his demeaning remarks against women. In a speech on Thursday, May 24, Duterte said that he believes in the "competence and capability" of women but that it does not apply to all aspects of life. “I believe in the woman, the ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMay 26th, 2018

National ID system infringes on right to privacy – solons

  Leftist lawmakers on Thursday again warned that the passage of the national identification system bill would pose threats to the country's security and infringe on people's privacy rights.   The House Makabayan bloc's warning came after the bicameral conference committee approved on Tuesday night the bill seeking to establish the Philippine Identification System.   The proposed measure seeks to integrate multiple government IDs by establishing a single national identification system, to be known as the Philippine Identification System, or PhilSys.   Malacaang welcomed the approval by the Senate and House of Representatives' bicameral confere...Keep on reading: National ID system infringes on right to privacy – solons.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 24th, 2018

Makabayan bloc: National ID system infringes on right to privacy

Progressive lawmakers on Thursday reiterated their warning that the looming passage of the National Identification System bill would pose serious threats to the country's security and infringe.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsMay 24th, 2018

Makabayan bloc seeks TRAIN law repeal

Citing what it described as its 'detrimental' effects to the people, the Makabayan bloc in the House of Representatives on Thursday filed a bill that calls for the repeal of the Duterte a.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsMay 11th, 2018

Walang bago : Makabayan lawmakers unimpressed with Duterte EO on endo

MANILA, Philippines – Lawmakers from the progressive Makabayan bloc are disappointed over President Rodrigo Duterte's executive order (EO) prohibiting illegal contracting and subcontracting.  Anakpawis Representative Ariel Casilao, Bayan Muna Representative Carlos Zarate, and Kabataan Representative Sarah Elago said the EO signed on Tuesday, May 1,  offers "nothing new" in the fight against ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMay 1st, 2018

Makabayan bloc deplores forgotten promise on endo

        Lawmakers aligned with the Makabayan bloc are convinced that President Rodrigo Duterte has already forgotten his campaign promise of ending contractualization and the "end-of-contract" labor policy.   "The recent pronouncement of Malacaang only confirms our previous position na matagal nang inabandona at tinalikuran ni Pangulong Duterte ang kanyang pangako na tapusin ang endo," Anakpawis Representative Ariel Casilao said in a press briefing held on Thursday afternoon.   Casilao said that Duterte's decision to leave the removal of endo to Congress would only make conditions worse for employees both in the public and private...Keep on reading: Makabayan bloc deplores forgotten promise on endo.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 19th, 2018

Anti-political dynasty bill, Quo warranto petition vs Sereno, Evasco on rice importation | Evening wRap

Today on Rappler: Thirteen of 23 senators sign the committee report approving the bill seeking to ban political dynasties.  Makabayan bloc lawmakers and other individuals separately ask the Supreme Court to junk the quo warranto petition against Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno.  Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco says President Rodrigo Duterte ordered the National Food Authority Council to begin ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMar 22nd, 2018

Bill to end ‘endo’ in gov’t filed

Progressive lawmakers at the House of Representatives called the Makabayan bloc filed, on Monday, a bill that seeks to ban all forms of labor contractualization in government institutions, two years after President Rodrigo Duterte failed to fulfill his campaign promise to end "endo" or "end of contract" among non-regular workers......»»

Category: newsSource:  davaotodayRelated NewsMar 19th, 2018

Left gives Duterte rare praise on irrigation

DAVAO CITY---President Duterte got rare praise from one of his staunchest critics, Anakpawis Rep. Ariel Casilao, for signing the free irrigation law, an original proposal of the leftist Makabayan bloc in the House of Representatives.   "This is a major step in our campaign to better farmers' lives," Casilao said of the new law.   Credit should go to Mr. Duterte, the legislator said.   Sen. Ralph Recto, in a statement, said Mr. Duterte's signing of the free irrigation law should "open the floodgates to an irrigation building spree."   Recto said the National Irrigation Administration (NIA) could actually do this because of its increased budg...Keep on reading: Left gives Duterte rare praise on irrigation.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 11th, 2018