Advertisements


PNP looking for people behind posting of PH, Province of China banners

The Philippine National Police (PNP) is looking for the people behind the unauthorized display of banners in different parts of Metro Manila saying that the Philippines was a province of China. �.....»»

Category: newsSource: philippinetimes philippinetimesJul 12th, 2018

‘PH, Province of China’ Banners ‘Bad’ for PH-China Ties: Envoy

Chinese Ambassador to the Philippines Zhao Jianhua on Tuesday described the ‘Welcome to the Philippines, province of China’ banners as a threat to the improving China-Philippines relations. “It is bad for bilateral relationship and it is also bad for the Filipino people,” Zhao said in a media interview during the groundbreaking ceremony for two China-aid […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsJul 18th, 2018

PNP tracking down those behind China province banners

Police have deployed intelligence operatives to look for the people behind the display of tarpaulin banners over footbridges in Metro Manila welcoming visitors to the “Philippines, Province of China.”.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 13th, 2018

People behind viral banners may face city ordinance violations

  If identified, the people behind the unauthorized display of banners stating that the Philippines is a province of China may face charges for violating city ordinances, a Philippine National Police (PNP) official said Friday.   "There are city ordinances [in place]... you cannot just post your sentiments anywhere. Sometimes, especially if it will catch the attention of commuters," PNP spokesperson Sr. Supt. Benigno Durana Jr. said in a press briefing at Camp Crame.   "May mga batas, local ordinances na ipinapatupad ng ating local government units (LGUs) para to maintain order in our communities," he added.   (There are laws, local ordinances...Keep on reading: People behind viral banners may face city ordinance violations.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 13th, 2018

12 dead in Vietnam floods, landslides

HANOI --- Flash floods and landslides killed at least 12 people in central Vietnam, officials said Sunday, as hundreds of troops were dispatched to clean up destroyed villages and washed out roads. Heavy rains pounded the central Khanh Hoa province over the past few days as tropical depression Toraji blew in from the South China Sea, triggering landslides that wiped out houses and destroyed a small reservoir. At least a dozen people have been killed so far while a search was ongoing for several others, an official from the provincial disaster office told AFP, refusing to be named. "We have mobilized hundreds of army troops to help people restore lives and clean up damaged ...Keep on reading: 12 dead in Vietnam floods, landslides.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 18th, 2018

Man complains of headaches, discovers nail inside his skull

Sometimes, life has a way of surprising one in ways s/he least expects. A 43-year-old man in Hubei province in China, for example, went to a hospital because of headaches, only to discover a nail lodged in his skull. Cement factory worker Hu complained of headaches last week, as reported by Chutian Metropolis Daily via South China Morning Post today Oct. 8. Unable to take the pain he was experiencing, he went to Chongyang People's Hospital last Friday, Oct. 5. Imagine his and the hospital doctors' surprise when his CT scan revealed he has a 48 millimeter nail inside the right side of his skull, the report said. All his other health indicators were normal, which points at the nail as ...Keep on reading: Man complains of headaches, discovers nail inside his skull.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 8th, 2018

2.4M people evacuated in southern China due to Typhoon Mangkhut

Hong Kong --- Typhoon Mangkhut barreled into southern China after lashing the Philippines with strong winds and heavy rain that caused landslides feared to have buried dozens. More than 2.4 million people had been evacuated in southern China's Guangdong province by Sunday evening to flee the typhoon, state media said. "Prepare for the worst," Hong Kong Security Minister John Lee Ka-chiu urged residents. That warning followed Mangkhut's devastating march through the northern Philippines on Saturday with sustained winds of 205 kilometers (127 miles) per hour. National police said 64 people had died there as of Sunday, mostly due to landslides and collapsed houses, with two additional...Keep on reading: 2.4M people evacuated in southern China due to Typhoon Mangkhut.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 17th, 2018

Typhoon Lashes Southern China

Typhoon Mangkhut pummelled China's most populous province of Guangdong Sunday after lashing Hong Kong with heavy rains and winds of up to 200 kilometers.More than 2.4 million people had been.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsSep 17th, 2018

Typhoon Lashes Southern China

Typhoon Mangkhut pummelled China’s most populous province of Guangdong Sunday after lashing Hong Kong with heavy rains and winds of up to 200 kilometers. More than 2.4 million people had been Source link link: Typhoon Lashes Southern China.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsSep 17th, 2018

Typhoon Lashes Southern China

Typhoon Mangkhut pummelled China's most populous province of Guangdong Sunday after lashing Hong Kong with heavy rains and winds of up to 200 kilometers.More than 2.4 million people had been.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsSep 17th, 2018

Over 2.4 million relocated in southern China due to Typhoon ‘Mangkhut’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McyUTBV2EzA CHINA DAILY/ ASIAN NEWS NETWORK VIDEO     HONG KONG ---Chinese state media say more than 2.45 million people have been relocated in southern China's Guangdong province to flee Typhoon Mangkhut. State media also cited the Guangdong provincial meteorological station as saying that by Sunday evening, nearly 50,000 fishing boats had been called back to port. The official Xinhua News Agency says groceries flew off the shelves of supermarkets in the provincial capital of Guangzhou as residents stocked up in preparation for being confined at home by the typhoon. Typhoon Mangkhut has made landfall in southern China's Guan...Keep on reading: Over 2.4 million relocated in southern China due to Typhoon ‘Mangkhut’.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 16th, 2018

Typhoon pounds south China after killing 64 in Philippines

Published @ 3:34 p.m., Sept. 16, 2018 | Updated @ 12:14 p.m., Sept. 17, 2018 HONG KONG --- Typhoon "Mangkhut" barreled into southern China on Sunday, killing two people after lashing the Philippines (where it was known as "Ompong') with strong winds and heavy rain that left at least 64 dead and dozens more feared buried in a landslide. More than 2.4 million people had been evacuated in southern China's Guangdong province by Sunday evening to flee the massive typhoon and nearly 50,000 fishing boats were called back to port, state media reported. It threatened to be the strongest typhoon to hit Hong Kong in nearly two decades. "Prepare for the worst," Hong Kong Security Minist...Keep on reading: Typhoon pounds south China after killing 64 in Philippines.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 16th, 2018

Couple learns they’re doing wrong type of sex after 4 years of failing to conceive

A couple in China discovered that how they were having sex was why they could not conceive after four years of marriage. The man, 26, and the woman, 24, from Guizhou province were already being pressured by their family to have a child. They consulted obstetrician Liu Hongmei about their situation and told the doctor they had sex regularly, reports the Guiyang Evening News via Newsweek. Because the woman reported feeling pain during intercourse, Liu carried out a gynecological exam. She was surprised to learn that they had been having anal sex. "Couples so lacking in general knowledge are very rare," Liu said in the report. "But it is not uncommon for people to lack or have misconce...Keep on reading: Couple learns they’re doing wrong type of sex after 4 years of failing to conceive.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 27th, 2018

At least 18 dead in China hotel fire

BEIJING, China – A fire early Saturday, August 25 at a hotel in China has left at least 18 people dead, according to an initial death toll given by state media. The incident started during the night in the hotel in Harbin, capital of the northeastern Heilongjiang province, according to the ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsAug 25th, 2018

Picture-taking on mountain ends up in fist fight for Chinese tourists

How far would people go for the perfect Instagram-worthy shot? For two groups of Chinese tourists, a simple wish to take photos escalated into a nasty fist fight. Two groups of Chinese tourists ended up throwing fists while atop the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain in Yunnan province, China last Aug. 16. A video of the incident was circulated online by a witness, according to South China Morning Post on Aug. 21. As per the report, the brawl arose after the two groups had a dispute over a picture-perfect spot. Overcrowding at the mountain has been an ongoing problem, with tourists visiting every year just to take pictures at the scenic areas. Local police, however, said that violence i...Keep on reading: Picture-taking on mountain ends up in fist fight for Chinese tourists.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 22nd, 2018

Practical measures needed to curb illegal labor migration to China

LAI CHAU, Vietnam -- Many young people in the northern mountainous provinces of Lai Chau, Phu Tho and Lao Cai have rushed illegally across the border to China, leaving their parents and children behind in the hopes of finding a well-paid job to improve their lives.   Most are living in poverty, and are lured across the border by brokers' promises of jobs. Because of their illegal status, many are forced to work overtime and receive little to no payment in slave-like conditions. Some are even tortured by employers, police have said.   Figures from Lao Cai Province's Police Department showed that more than 4,940 people have illegally crossed the border to China fo...Keep on reading: Practical measures needed to curb illegal labor migration to China.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 19th, 2018

Chinese ambassador: Banners ‘vicious attack’

Chinese Ambassador Zhao Jianhua on Tuesday described as a "vicious attack" on now warm relations between the Philippines and China the emergence of banners declaring the Philippines a Chinese province, which were apparently a take on a joke made by President Rodrigo Duterte. "The Philippines has never been a part of China," Zhao said at the sidelines of groundbreaking rites for two bridges being funded by the Chinese government. "Not now, or ever." Last week, a number of banners bearing the words "Welcome to the Philippines, Province of China" were seen hanging from several footbridges along major thoroughfares in the capital. The stunt came on the eve of the second anniversary ...Keep on reading: Chinese ambassador: Banners ‘vicious attack’.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 18th, 2018

PH a province of China? Not now, not ever, envoy says

MANILA, Philippines – Chinese Ambassador to the Philippines Zhao Jianhua slammed the banners branding the Philippines as a "province of China," as he called these a "vicious attack" on the "independent foreign policy" pursued by President Rodrigo Duterte.   "It has never been any part ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJul 17th, 2018

China industrial park explosion kills 19 – BBC News

An explosion at an industrial park in China’s Sichuan province has left 19 people dead and 12 others injured, according […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanaoexaminerRelated NewsJul 13th, 2018

China industrial park explosion kills 19 – BBC News

An explosion at an industrial park in China’s Sichuan province has left 19 people dead and 12 others injured, according […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanaoexaminerRelated NewsJul 13th, 2018

Bong Go blames opposition, critics for PH as ‘province of China’ tag

  KORONADAL CITY, SOUTH COTABATO --- President Duterte's special assistant blamedFridaythe President's critics for the banners welcoming visitors to the Philippines as a "province of China." The banners hanged on several footbridges in Metro Manilaon Thursday. Bong Go, who attended the opening of South Cotabato's T'nalak Festival and the 52nd foundation anniversary celebration here, told reporters President Duterte was aware of the banners as he already saw on television reports. The banners that read "Welcome to the Philippines, Province of China" made their appearance in time for the second anniversary of The Hague's ruling that invalidated China's claim to nearly ...Keep on reading: Bong Go blames opposition, critics for PH as ‘province of China’ tag.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 13th, 2018