Advertisements


Charges filed vs 16 more suspects in GenSan blast

GENERAL SANTOS CITY (MindaNews / 26 Sep) – Police have filed multiple frustrated murder charges against 16 more suspects in connection with the Sept. 16 bomb blast here that left eight people wounded. Senior Insp. Robert Fores, deputy chief of the city police station-02, said Wednesday the complaint was filed on Tuesday by the Special […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: News5 min. ago Related News

Dog Walk

Dog Walk.....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: News5 min. ago Related News

GenSan still in heightened alert status

GENERAL SANTOS CITY (MindaNews / 26 Sep) – Authorities sustained the heightened alert status here in the wake of the continuing security threats following the Sept. 16 bomb blast that left eight people wounded. Chief Insp. Jovenson Bayona, operations chief of the city police office, said Wednesday the entire area remains under “Alert Level 4” […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: News5 min. ago Related News

NortCot barangay chair survives gun attack

KIDAPAWAN CITY (MindaNews / 25 Sep) – A barangay chairman in Tulunan, North Cotabato survived a daylight gun attack while biking inside a covered court Tuesday, reports from the local police said. Joemar Cerebo Almirante, barangay chair of Sibsib in Tulunan, was reportedly included in the list of those involved in drug trafficking. Police said that […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: News12 hr. 39 min. ago Related News

China to donate bridge worth P1.5B in Davao City

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 25 Sep) – The Chinese government will donate a major bridge worth P1.5 billion in Davao City, the hometown of President Rodrigo R. Duterte where he served as mayor for 22 years, as a gesture of goodwill for its ally, an official of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: News12 hr. 39 min. ago Related News

Cop in DavOr suspended for threatening teacher over son’s taekwondo loss

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 25 Sep) – The Police Regional Office (PRO) 11 placed under restrictive custody SPO1 Inocentes Talleon for threatening a teacher of Lupon Elementary School in Davao Oriental with a rifle over the result of a taekwondo contest last Friday where his son was defeated. Chief Supt. Marcelo Casabuena Morales, PRO 11 director, warned […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: News12 hr. 39 min. ago Related News

Construction of 45.2km Davao bypass road project to start April 2019

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 25 Sep) – The construction of the 45.2-kilometer Davao City Bypass Road Project that will improve transport logistics and mitigate congestion here will begin in April 2019, an official of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) 11 said. In an interview, DPWH 11 public affairs and information officer Dean […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: News12 hr. 39 min. ago Related News

Ammonia leak hits Dolefil; 35 hospitalized

KORONADAL CITY (MindaNews/24 Sept) – An ammonia leak hit a facility of fruit giant Dole Philippines, Inc (Dolefil) in Polomolok, South Cotabato shortly before Monday morning, a company official said. Gwyn Ann Marie Ebol-Palima, Dolefil corporate communications manager, said at least 35 individuals were brought to the company’s Howard Hubbard Memorial Hospital (HHMH) following the […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: NewsSep 24th, 2018Related News

ALPSIDE DOWNED: Siargao-ed (Last of two parts)

GENERAL LUNA, SIARGAO (MindaNews/ 24 Sept) – According to a story in Rappler, up to 1.2 billion pesos had been allocated in 2016 to add and improve infrastructure in the Caraga region, with special focus on tourism facilities in Siargao. Three hundred million of this amount has gone to the construction of a sports complex […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: NewsSep 24th, 2018Related News

Explosives found in alleged camp of ISIS-inspired group

GENERAL SANTOS CITY (MindaNews/ 24 Sept) – Police operatives captured an alleged base of an Islamic State-inspired local terror group and recovered improvised explosives in an operation on Sunday in a remote village in Polomolok town in South Cotabato. Chief Supt. Eliseo Rasco, regional director of the Police Regional Office (PRO)-12, said elements from the […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: NewsSep 24th, 2018Related News

Patikul update: families of 7 slain Tausugs OK exhumation

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 24 Sept) — The families of the seven Tausugs allegedly massacred in Patikul, Sulu on September 14 but the military claimed were Abu Sayyaf members killed in an encounter, have given their consent for an exhumation of the bodies to determine cause of death and how they were killed. Lawyer Jacqueline […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: NewsSep 24th, 2018Related News

Stayin’ Alive

Stayin’ Alive.....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: NewsSep 24th, 2018Related News

Brawner: zero casualty in Marawi’s barangay polls

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 22 Sept) — Except for a few fistfights and misunderstandings and a few arrests for vote-buying, “not a single person was killed” in Saturday’s barangay elections in Marawi City, Col. Romeo Brawner, Deputy Commander of the Joint Task Force Ranao, said. He described the elections as “a big leap towards genuine […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: NewsSep 23rd, 2018Related News

Sara Duterte, Pimentel still in Senate 12 in latest Pulse Asia survey

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 22 Sept) —  Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte and Senator Aquilino Pimentel III are still within the ‘Magic 12’ in the senatorial race for the May 2019 elections, Duterte on the 5th to 6th statistical ranking, Pimentel on the 7th to 11th, but two more Mindanawons — Ronald dela Rosa and […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: NewsSep 23rd, 2018Related News

HABAGATNONG HINAGAWHAW: Martsa

Dilì.  Dilì na. Dilì na ko momartsa dinhà sa kadalanan o sa kabungtoran man. Dugay.  Dugay na. Dugay nang panahona ako dasig nga ningmartsa bitbit ang plakard ug bandera. Dugay.  Dugay na latas sa kabungtoran ako miduyog pagmartsa pas-an ang ripleng karaan. Daghan.  Daghan na ang nangapukang kauban sa hugtanon nga martsa pagbugtaw sa kagawasan. […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: NewsSep 23rd, 2018Related News

For Bangsamoro plebiscite

First time voter-registrants in Matanog town in Maguindanao province fill out forms on the bleachers of the municipal gymnasium on 22 September 2018 during the Special Registration for the plebiscite to ratify RA 11054 or the Organic Law for the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao. The plebiscite is scheduled on January 21, 2019. Contributed […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: NewsSep 23rd, 2018Related News

DILG urges officials to get more people to attend Oct. 14 barangay assembly

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 23 Sept) — The Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) is urging officials in the country’s 42,044 barangays to use social media, particularly Facebook and Twitter to get more people to attend the October 14 Barangay Assembly. A press release from the DILG on Saturday quotedOIC Secretary Eduardo Año as […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: NewsSep 23rd, 2018Related News

Mayor Sara Duterte thanks supporters but hints at seeking reelection next year

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 23 Sept) – Mayor Sara Duterte thanked her supporters for the trust and confidence as she maintained a high statistical ranking in the latest Pulse Asia survey on the May 2019 senatorial elections but the presidential daughter reiterated she would like to seek reelection as the city’s chief executive in 2019. […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: NewsSep 23rd, 2018Related News

Missing six-year old child found dead

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 23 Sept) — Police recovered the remains of a six-year old girl at Purok 11 Kilometer 9 in Barangay Matina Pangi, this city six days after she was reported missing. The child’s neck and feet were tied with electrical wires. Senior Insp. Maria Teresita Gaspan, Davao City Police Office (DCPO) spokesperson […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: NewsSep 23rd, 2018Related News

Mindanawons find Enrile’s claim of no massacres under martial law “fiction,” “delusional” “:

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 23 September) —  Mindanao suffered so many massacres and other human rights violations in the run-up to and during martial law under Ferdinand Edralin Marcos but the 94-year old Defense Minister of the Marcos dictatorship — Juan Ponce Enrile — now claims no massacre ever happened, not even the Jabidah Massacre […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: NewsSep 23rd, 2018Related News