Advertisements


Caloocan police re-arrest 3 of 13 inmates who escaped from their custody

Three of the 13 inmates who bolted a Caloocan City custodial facility early Thursday morning have already been re-arrested in various manhunt operations conducted following their escape. In a report from Caloocan police chief Col. Dario Menor, Harris Danacao, 28, Aldwin Jhoe Espila, 25, and Mark Oliver Gamutia, 21, are back in police custody. (photo via Joseph Pedrajas/ MANILA BULLETIN) (photo via Joseph Pedrajas/ MANILA BULLETIN) (photo via Joseph Pedrajas/ MANILA BULLETIN) Danacao was apprehended in Barangay 8, Caloocan City at around 8:30 a.m., Espila in Camarin in Caloocan City-North at about 3:30 p.m. and Gamutia in Barangay Tonsuya, Malabon at 3:40 p.m. Danacao’s whereabouts was disclosed by his mother to police while Gamutia was captured after police received a tip via text message from a concerned citizen. The nine others still the subject of hot pursuit are: Martin Mama, 46; Gerrymar Petilla, 21; Hudson Jeng, 42; Reymark Delos Reyes, 27; Norbert Alvarez, 35; Jovel Toledo Jr., 27; Arnel Buccat, 19; Raymond Balasa, 35; Reynaldo Bantiling, 35; and Justine Tejeros, 22. According to Menor, the 13 made their breakaway from the Custodial Facility Extension Unit near City Hall at around 1:50 a.m. “during intermittent downpour of rain.”  The police chief added that the detainees drilled a hole inside their cell using stones and concrete nails. In a police report, two of the 18 remaining detainees who opted to stay claimed that it “was Arnel Buccat and Raymond Balasa who serve as the ‘mayors’ and ‘vice- mayores’ of the detention facility who planned the escape.” Police said they found out that the temporary suspension of visitation rights and the scheduled transfer to Caloocan City Jail were the reasons behind the escape. Two police officers manning the detainees will face criminal charges, particularly evasion through negligence, and administrative charges in light of the incident, Menor said......»»

Category: newsSource: mb.com.ph mb.com.phOct 22nd, 2020

Police hunting down 5 inmates who bolted CPPO detention facility

CEBU CITY, Philippines— The Police Regional Office in Central Visayas (PRO-7) is continuing its manhunt of five persons under police custody (PUPC) who escaped the Cebu Police Provincial Office (CPPO) detention facility in Barangay Sudlon here on Tuesday night, April 14, 2020. Police Brigadier General Albert Ignatius Ferro, regional director of the PRO-7, said on Wednesday, April […] The post Police hunting down 5 inmates who bolted CPPO detention facility appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 15th, 2020

Dgte detention center inmates undergo swab tests

DUMAGUETE CITY, Nov. 4 (PIA) -- A total of 48 detainees at the Dumaguete City police detention center underwent swab tests as a requirement for their transfer to the custody of the Bureau of Jail M.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsNov 4th, 2020

French church attacker tests positive for Covid-19

The Tunisian assailant who killed three people at a church in France has tested positive for Covid-19, which could further delay his questioning, a source close to the inquiry said Tuesday. A woman lights a candle outside Notre-Dame de l’Assomption Basilica in Nice on October 31, 2020, to pay tribute to the victims two days after a knife attacker killed three people, cutting the throat of two, inside the church of the French Riviera city, and police arrest a young Tunisian migrant from Sfax who arrived in Europe only last month, according to French prosecutors. (Photo by Valery HACHE / AFP) Brahim Issaoui, 21, remains hospitalized after being shot several times by police after the knife rampage at Nice’s  Notre-Dame basilica on Thursday. “He hasn’t yet been questioned, his prognosis remains uncertain,” another inquiry source told AFP late Monday. Issaoui, who was known to Tunisian police for violence and drug offences, arrived in France only last month, having first crossed the Mediterranean to the Italian island of Lampedusa. Italian media reports say he was initially placed in quarantine with nearly 400 other migrants aboard a ferry boat, before being allowed to disembark  at Bari on October 9. Investigators have since determined he arrived in Nice on October 27, just two days before the church attack. One woman had her throat cut and a church employee was also fatally stabbed inside the church, while another woman managed to flee but later died of her wounds. Police say Issaoui yelled “Allahu Akbar” (God is Greatest) as they apprehended him, leading officials to say it was the latest in a string of jihadist attacks on French soil in recent years. Six people have been detained for questioning over suspected links with Issaoui, but only one remained in custody Tuesday, a 29-year-old Tunisian who was aboard the boat that brought Issaoui to Lampedusa, sources said......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsNov 3rd, 2020

Caloocan’s top cop axed after jailbreak

Caloocan City’s police chief was removed from his post after 13 detainees escaped from a detention facility, National Capital Region Police Office director Maj. Gen. Debold Sinas said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 30th, 2020

5 of 15 Caloocan jail escapees recaptured

Five of 15 detainees who escaped from a detention facility in Caloocan were recaptured by police before dawn yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 22nd, 2020

Caloocan Police natakasan ng 12 preso

Manila, Philippines – Pinaghahanap ng pulisya ang 12 sa 13 person under police custody (PUPC) matapos makatakas sa kanilang selda kaninang madaling araw sa Caloocan City. Ayon kay Caloocan Police chief, P/Col. Dario Menor, may 15 preso na tumakas, bandang 1:50 ng umaga sa isang maliit na butas na paulit-ulit na pinukpok ng pako at […] The post Caloocan Police natakasan ng 12 preso appeared first on REMATE ONLINE......»»

Category: newsSource:  remateRelated NewsOct 22nd, 2020

PNP denies ‘overkill’ security for Nasino during baby’s funeral

The Philippine National Police (PNP) denied criticisms of an overkill in the security measures it implemented during the burial of the baby of jailed activist Reina Mae Nasino in Manila on Friday. In a statement, PNP spokesman Col. Ysmael Yu said that the security measures implemented were intended for Nasino who is under government custody after her arrest and subsequent filing of a criminal case for allegedly yielding a grenade during a raid inside the office of an urban poor group in Manila. “It is the subject (Nasino) who we were protecting,” said Yu. Netizens and other groups and personalities criticized the PNP and the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology for what they described as disrespecting Filipino funeral rites. A video that went viral showed the police allegedly speeding off in a vehicle carrying the coffin of Nasino’s baby, which prompted the grandmother and other relatives to chase the vehicle. The funeral parlor and the cemetery were heavily-guarded. Nasino, who was handcuffed, arrived at the cemetery wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) gown and face mask and shield, with BJMP personnel heavily guarding her. The image of Nasino in a PPE gown, handcuffed and surrounded by BJMP personnel while grieving in front of her baby’s coffin triggered sympathy and anger from netizens who criticized the government for the treatment of a grieving mother. “That execution on security is appropriate, considering crowd control,” he added. Nasino was arrested in November last year in Manila during a raid at the office of urban poor group Kadamay. She and two others were charged with illegal possession of explosives, which they claimed had been planted by the police. She gave birth on July 1 but on Aug. 13 had to entrust the baby to the grandmother after the court handling the case denied her lawyers appeal to give Baby River more time with her mother either at the hospital or inside a detention facility where Nasino is jailed. During that time, Baby River was reportedly frail and underweight. The baby died last week at only three months old due to acute respiratory distress syndrome......»»

Category: lifestyleSource:  abscbnRelated NewsOct 17th, 2020

2 Koreans escape from CIDG custody

Two South Korean detainees escaped from the detention facility of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group at the Southern Police District headquarters in Taguig after stealing a policeman’s firearm on Saturday night......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 13th, 2020

Aao orders PNP: Go after more COVID-19 fake news spreaders

CALOOCAN CITY, March 30 (PIA) -- Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo M. Ano has directed the Philippine National Police (PNP) to track down and arrest more spre.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsMar 30th, 2020

P8M in shabu seized in Caloocan, Navotas

AT least P8 million pesos worth of crystal meth or shabu were seized in Caloocan and Navotas in separate police operations on Wednesday night. The National Police District announced on Thursday the arrest of Omar Sultan, 23, during a buy bust operation in Barangay Tala in Caloocan City. Authorities confiscated two plastic sachets of shabu weighing 680 grams, […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJan 31st, 2020

4 Bacolod jail escapees surrender

Four inmates who escaped from a police jail in this city on Monday have surrendered......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 9th, 2020

4 escape from Bacolod police jail

Four inmates escaped from a police lockup in this city on Monday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 8th, 2020

Pete Doherty arrested in Paris for cocaine possession

PARIS, France – British rocker Pete Doherty was arrested and taken into custody in Paris Friday, November 8 after being caught buying cocaine, a French police source told AFP. The former Libertines frontman tried to resist arrest after being caught in the early hours of Friday carrying two packets of cocaine, ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsNov 9th, 2019

CHR probes deaths of 500 inmates

The Commission on Human Rights said it will initiate its own investigation on the reported death of almost 500 suspects in police custody since President Duterte assumed office in 2016......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 24th, 2019

Wanted person nakipagbarilan sa parak tigbak

PATAY ang  isang lalaking wanted sa Valenzuela City matapos makipagbarilan sa mga pulis na nagsisilbi ng arrest warrant laban sa kanya sa Caloocan City, kamakalawa ng gabi. Kinilala ni Valenzuela police chief P/Col. Carlito Gaces ang suspek na si Dominic Batin, ng Don Simeon St., Mapulang Lupa na hindi umabot nang buhay sa Valenzuela City Medical Center ........»»

Category: filipinoSource:  hatawtabloidRelated NewsOct 4th, 2019

Re-arrest of heinous crimes convicts suspended, but monitoring continues

The police were expected to start re-arresting them midnight of September 20, or when President Rodrigo Duterte’s imposed deadline for the released inmates expired, but the DOJ asked them to not implement the re-arrest yet......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 20th, 2019

Police arrest one of three butane vendors ‘freed’ by Mayor Osmeña last August

CEBU CITY, Philipppines — One of the three butane vendors that Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña helped get out of police detention last August 2018 is back in police custody. This developed after Romeo Appareci, 41, was arrested after he was served an arrest warrant at his house in Barangay T. Padilla, Cebu City at […] The post Police arrest one of three butane vendors ‘freed’ by Mayor Osmeña last August appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 11th, 2019

Malacañang offers P10M for arrest of whistleblower Eduardo Acierto | Evening wRap

  Today on Rappler: Malacañang offers P10M for capture of Eduardo Acierto After Binay siblings ' church fight, Abby tells Junjun to 'end lies' 6-year-old killed by stray bullet in Caloocan police operation PNP to 'look into' Huawei amid China surveillance fears Canceled Cebu Pacific flights from April 28 to 30 Executive Producer / Writer Lilibeth Frondoso Associate Producer / Publisher Marga Deona Jaira Roxas Master Editor / Playback Emerald Hidalgo Jaene Zaplan Jaen Manegdeg Quita Chuatico – Rappler.com.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 29th, 2019

East Timor: police arrest ex-priest for sexually abusing girls in his orphanage

DILI, Timor-Leste – The police in Timor-Leste have arrested a former priest who has been accused of sexually abusing young girls in his orphanage in the country’s enclave Oecusse. "R.D." was brought before the judge on Friday, April 26, and is now in custody, sources confirmed. Meanwhile the director of ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 28th, 2019

Rewards sought for N. Cotabato escapees’ arrest

NORTH COTABATO, Philippines – Rewards should be offered to recapture more than 90 inmates who escaped from the North Cotabato District Jail in Kidapawan City.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 11th, 2017