Advertisements


DOH clarifies statement on not having contact tracing teams

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Health said Thursday, August 13, 2020,  that its statement on not having contact tracing teams has been “blown out of proportion,” explaining that it is now local government units that are locating close contacts of coronavirus disease patients in communities and not the DOH. “It has to be understood […] The post DOH clarifies statement on not having contact tracing teams appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource: inquirer inquirerAug 13th, 2020

Davao’s BPO firms urged to put up contact-tracing teams

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 6 Aug) – The business process outsourcing (BPO) companies in Davao City have been encouraged to put up their own contact-tracing teams and initiate voluntary “granular” lockdowns to prevent spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in their workplace. Xavier Eric B. Manalastas, president of the BPO Association of Davao, told Davao […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsAug 6th, 2021

DOH: 18 more cases of UK coronavirus variant, total now at 62

"The DOH is currently investigating compliance to isolation protocols and the contact tracing done for these ROFs," the statement read. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 21st, 2021

DOH to send 4 teams of contact tracers to Bontoc

BAGUIO CITY, Jan. 23(PIA)-The Department of Health is sending at least four teams of contact tracers to Bontoc, Mountain Province to help in the conduct of enhanced contact tracing following the de.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsJan 25th, 2021

Valenzuela hires 226 contact tracers

This is expected to be of big help to the local Barangay Health Emergency Response Teams in their contact tracing efforts in the barangay level. The post Valenzuela hires 226 contact tracers appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsOct 22nd, 2020

DILG eyes 600 contact tracers to augment contact tracing teams in Cebu City

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) is looking to add 600 new contact tracers to the contact tracing teams here. DILG Cebu City Officer-in-charge Kenneth Lucero said the addition aims to boost the city’s contact tracing efforts in the hopes of stopping the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 […] The post DILG eyes 600 contact tracers to augment contact tracing teams in Cebu City appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 24th, 2020

OPAV, PRO 7 send contact tracing trainers to Western Visayas

ILOILO CITY, Sept. 10 (PIA) -- The Police Regional Office (PRO) 7, with the guidance of Office Presidential Assistant for the Visayas (OPAV) Secretary Michael Lloyd Dino, sent two teams to Western.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsSep 11th, 2020

1.4K contract tracing teams formed, 11 labs in Central Luzon- RTF 3

CLARK FREEPORT ZONE, Pampanga, Sept.9 (PIA) -- Central Luzon has so far formed 1,400 contact tracing teams and has 11 functional diagnostic laboratories as part of its Detect strategy to contain CO.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsSep 10th, 2020

Chooks-to-Go 3x3 to observe strict protocol in bubble

Strict health protocols will be practiced and observed once the Chooks-to-Go Pilipinas 3x3 gets the green light to practice, and eventually, hold its actual tournament. This was assured by league commissioner Eric Altamirano on Tuesday during his appearance in the online session of the Philippine Sportswriters Association (PSA) Forum. Altamirano, who was joined by player Alvin Pasaol, said the league is taking all the necessary steps and precautions to assure the safety and welfare of players, officials, and staff from contracting the COVID-19. “We’re ensuring that we will cover everything from testing to contact tracing,” said Altamirano. All involved personnel will be required to undergo swab testing (PCR-testing) especially those who are going to enter the 3x3 bubble at the Inspire Sports Academy in Calamba, Laguna once competition in the newly-turned pro league gets going hopefully, by September. Practices among 12 participating teams are supposed to start within the month, but had to be pushed a little back when the National Capital Region (NCR) and adjacent provinces including Laguna, reverted back to a Modified Enhance Community Quarantine (MECQ) status. “Right after ma-lift ‘yang MECQ, we will resume our testing and training,” Altamirano said. The league official added he has been in close consultation with Dr. Tony Leachon, the former special adviser to the National Task Force Against COVID-19, and other health experts about the protocols the league will have to observe before and during the tournament. The league is on the lookout for a centralized training facility where all teams would be able to workout under strict monitoring. “Pag isang venue lang ang pagpa-practisan, now we can have contact tracing, we can ensure the safety of the facility in terms of cleaning and disinfecting. May scheduled protocol when it comes to that. For every practice, may cleaning gap bago (mag-practice) yung next group,” he explained in the session presented by San Miguel Corp., Go For Gold, MILO, Amelie Hotel Manila, Braska Restaurant, the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR), and powered by Smart with Upstream Media as webcast partner. In the league’s bubble, meanwhile, protocol is even stricter. A single person who just showed even a single symptom of the virus will be immediately isolated. A maximum of around 150 persons to be inside the Inspire Sports Academy in the entire duration of the meet......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 11th, 2020

PSL teams near training resumption

Training of Philippine Superliga (PSL) teams will resume as soon as the government lifts the modified enhanced community quarantine in Metro Manila and nearby cities. PSL chairman Philip Ella Juico on Tuesday said they have formally received the green light to return to training through a memorandum from the Department of Health dated July 23. In the letter, DoH Assistant Secretary Nestor Santiago approved and made some recommendations on the health and safety guidelines submitted by the PSL regarding the conduct of physical activities and sports during the coronavirus pandemic. The DoH stated that practices of PSL teams would start under the general community quarantine, where only five players would be allowed with a skeletal workforce of up to 10 persons and non-contact sports limited only to strength training. Juico said the news was such a major development since they officially became the first women’s volleyball league to be given the go-signal to resume their training and conditioning sessions. “I am pleased to inform you that the health and safety protocols that we submitted to the Department of Health had been approved with some recommendations,” Juico said in a statement. “This is really a big development as we are the first volleyball league to be allowed to return to training. We assured the government that we will do everything to follow the protocols and make sure that training and conditioning sessions would be safe and healthy for everyone,” said Juico. A former chairman of the Philippine Sports Commission and currently the president of the Philippine Athletics Track and Field Association, Juico said mandatory swab testing is no longer needed since women’s volleyball is not as physical as professional basketball, football and boxing, which were all given the approval to return to training through a Joint Administrative Order from the DoH, Games and Amusement Board and the Philippine Sports Commission. Instead, swab testing would in accordance to the discretion of all member teams. They, however, were required to coordinate with the various local government units, where teams would conduct their trainings, to ensure proper monitoring and compliance. Teams were also instructed to appoint a medical liaison that would monitor the movements of players and coaches and report it to Dr. Raul Alcantara -- the league’s head of the medical oversight committee -- to make sure that all DoH-approved guidelines would be followed. “Each team will have a medical representative or a liaison,” Juico said. “These liaisons would be the one who will monitor the movement of the players and log their observations in a time sheet that would be submitted to the league’s medical oversight committee. We will assure that everything will be kept in private in accordance to the confidentiality clause between doctor and patients.” The MECQ started Tuesday and will last until 18 August. “We will write again to DoH after one or two months of training to seek approval for the start of our competition, which is the All-Filipino Conference,” Juico said. “But for now, we have to make sure that all protocols would be followed and trainings would be safe for everyone, especially to the athletes.”.....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 4th, 2020

Solons to gov’t: Heed the plea of medical workers

Lawmakers expressed all-out support on Sunday (August 2) to the appeal made by Philippine College of Physicians and the Philippine Medical Associationto shift Mega Manila back to a 15-day enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), even as they sought a change in leadership in the Department of Health (DOH) and other agencies handling the country’s response against COVID-19. (JANSEN ROMERO / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN) Albay 1st District Rep. Edcel Lagman, Anakalusugan partylist Rep. Michael Defensor, Bayan Muna partylist Rep.  Carlos Isagani Zarate, and Quezon City  2nd District Rep. Precious Hipolito Castelo called on the government to heed the plea of the medical experts and frontliners for more stringent health protocols in critical areas. “While both the health and economic crisis wrought by  the still ravaging COVID-19 pandemic must be both effectively addressed, the relief and recovery of the people’s health must be prioritized. Lives lost are forfeited forever but businesses lost can be redeemed,” Lagman said in a statement.“We must learn from the bitter lesson experienced by other countries like Japan which prematurely reopened economic, leisure and domestic travel activities only to be besieged later by a resurgence of the viral contagion,” he stressed.  Defensor, chairperson of the House Committee on Public Accounts, said, “If our leading doctors are prescribing it, then as good patients, we are all for Mega Manila’s brief return to an ECQ.” “Our sense is, our public health system is on the verge of collapse, and the momentary return to an ECQ will buy everybody more time to gird for a longer battle against the coronavirus disease,” he said. He said once the government gives in to the appeal, the COVID-19 National Task Force should take that opportunity to fix the lack of hospital staff due to doctors, nurses and other personnel getting infected and still recovering, or undergoing routine seclusion after possible exposure; expand the bed capacities of makeshift hospitals and quarantine facilities; and improve case-finding and the isolation of suspected cases. Defensor said the government should also step up contact-tracing and quarantining; upgrade public transportation options and safety; strengthen workplace protection; build up enforcement of and public compliance with self-protective measures such as the wearing of face masks and face shields, handwashing as well as social and physical distancing; and increase financial and livelihood support to distressed households. Zarate said they are one with our frontliners in demanding a reprieve from the overwhelming cases of COVID-19, particularly in the National Capital Region. “Reverting back to ECQ or whatever level of lockdown is useless or will be for naught if the primary recommendation of frontliners like free mass testing, pro-active contact tracing, isolation and treatment will not be seriously implemented by the government,” he said in a statement. For her part, Castelo said, “Let us listen to them. They are the ones on the frontline. Indeed, after five months of fighting this pandemic, they are exhausted physically, emotionally and mentally.” She laments that several doctors and nurses have died and many others have fallen sick while battling COVID-19. “Our medical workers are asking for a short time to recuperate. Let us give it to them,” she said. In a radio interview, Surigao del Norte 2nd district Rep. Robert Ace Barbers said the government should strike a balance between the economy and health of the Filipinos, but it should be tilted somehow, in favor of health amid the appeal made by physicians to shift Mega Manila back to a 15-day ECQ. He asked the DOH to come up with “a system, a policy, or even perhaps a strategy” to reinforce the country’s health system by augmenting the medical force.  In a separate statement, Assistant Minority Leader and ACT Teachers Representative France Castro said the Inter Agency Task Force for COVID-19 should be headed by medical experts instead of generals who have done nothing but to impose military solutions to combat a public health crisis.  “Our frontliners are already pleading to the Duterte administration to implement a comprehensive medical plan to address the COVID-19 pandemic in the country. The government needs to listen and take concrete actions with the demands of our healthcare workers,” she said.   “It is high time that medical experts lead in the fight against COVID-19 instead of military generals. Medical experts who will not twist data and try to sanitize the numbers. We need medical experts who use science and not allow an entire population to be used as guinea pigs in a failed response and inadequate policies for public health safety.”.....»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsAug 2nd, 2020

Barangay contact tracing teams pushed

The Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) stressed that each barangay should have its own contact tracer team as the country battles the surging number of coronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19) cases. (JANSEN ROMERO / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN) DILG Secretary Eduardo Año said that all business centers should have their own contact tracing teams. The call was made after the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the Philippines skyrocketed to 98,232 on Aug. 1 and a record-high 4,963 new infections were recorded by the Department of Health (DoH). In combating the pandemic further, Año assured that local government units (LGUs) will continue to be at the forefront in the contact tracing, testing, and referrals to the hospitals of COVID-19 patients in their localities. He noted the DILG has issued Memorandum Circular 2020-077 that compels the LGUs to establish their own task forces against COVID-19. In the midst of the fight against the pandemic, Año asked the public to be resilient in preventing the transmission of the disease by adhering strictly to quarantine protocols. “Help us ensure participative and effective governance as we undertake to implement the national action plan for COVID 19,’’ said Año......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 2nd, 2020

DILG exec warns residents, who refuse swab test: You may be arrested

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Assistant Secretary Alexander Macario of the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) warns the residents who refuse to be swabbed during contact tracing. Macario said that DILG Secretary Eduardo Año already made a statement that those who refuse to be swabbed may be arrested on site and be forced to […] The post DILG exec warns residents, who refuse swab test: You may be arrested appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 25th, 2020

PRO-7: ‘Magpakabana brigade’ not ‘tsismoso brigade’

CEBU CITY, Philippines – The top official of the Police Regional Office in Central Visayas (PRO – 7) defended his suggestion to tap ordinary Cebu City citizens in aiding the city’s contact tracing efforts. In a press statement, Police Brigadier General Albert Ignatius Ferro, director of PRO – 7, said his suggestion was intended to […] The post PRO-7: ‘Magpakabana brigade’ not ‘tsismoso brigade’ appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 23rd, 2020

Gordon’s 10 staff members test positive for COVID-19

Senator Richard Gordon on Saturday announced that 10 of his staff who are also working with the Philippine Red Cross (PCR) have tested positive for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). In a statement, the senator, who also chairs the PRC, disclosed that the infected personnel are already on quarantine, while contact-tracing procedures have begun “to identify […] The post Gordon’s 10 staff members test positive for COVID-19 appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsJul 18th, 2020

QC to conduct contact tracing, testing after Belmonte s positive COVID-19 test

In a statement, Dr. Rolly Cruz, head of the QCESU, said the unit is "currently doing contact tracing on all those who had direct contact with the mayor in the last few days.".....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 8th, 2020

‘Mobilize volunteers for contact-tracing’

Local governments units have been urged to organize barangay-based contact-tracing teams that will account for suspected coronavirus carriers, especially now that overseas Filipino workers and those stranded during the lockdown have returned to their hometowns......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 9th, 2020

‘Critics can’t stop contact tracing’

The Department of Health (DoH) will proceed with contact tracing despite some lawmakers’ rejection of the program which will cost the government P11.7 billion just to hire additional personnel to track down possible COVID-19 carriers. In a statement released on Wednesday, Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire reiterated that contact tracing efforts would continue despite criticisms […] The post ‘Critics can’t stop contact tracing’ appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsJun 4th, 2020

Army deploys anew disaster response teams amid Bulusan unrest

MANILA - The Philippine Army (PA) has deployed disaster response teams to help in clearing and relief efforts in Sorsogon areas heavily affected by Sunday's phreatic eruption of the Bulusan Volcano.In a statement late Monday, Army spokesperson Col. Xerxes Trinidad said these teams are under.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsJun 14th, 2022

BANTAI COVID PROGRAM

RE-ELECTED Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte has nothing but praises for Dra. Loysa Orense and her BantAI COVID Program for their huge contribution along with its over 150 doctors, some were from other places in the country, for their selfless acts when they engaged themselves in contact tracing, telemedicine and hospital referrals that helped over […] The post BANTAI COVID PROGRAM appeared first on REMATE ONLINE......»»

Category: newsSource:  remateRelated NewsMay 31st, 2022

Transport group: Air purifier requirement in Cebu a band-aid solution to pandemic

"The air purifier is a mere band-aid solution. What the people need now is to hasten the distribution of free and safe vaccines, and free swab testing. Mass testing and contact tracing should also be strengthened, and treatment for COVID-19 positive patients should be free.".....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 15th, 2021