Advertisements


Fanged GAB to go after health protocol violators

The Games and Amusements Board will have more teeth in going after violators of strict health protocols among pro sports. GAB chairman Abraham ‘Baham’ Mitra in his appearance in the Philippine Sportswriters Association Forum online session on Tuesday stressed that with the presence of an official Joint Administrative Order (JAO) the agency has the right to sanction any teams or players found guilty of breaching safety protocols in their respective leagues. “Since meron nang JAO and sa amin na ibinigay 'yung load, kami na ang mag-i-impose ng sanctions,” said the 50-year-old Mitra of the provision of the JAO signed by his office together with the Department of Health and Philippine Sports Commission (PSC). The sanctions of course, will always be done in coordination with top officials of the pro leagues that were already given the green light to resume workouts as in the case of basketball, football, and boxing under a General Community Quarantine (ECQ) status. “In case something happens and there may be violations, we will be there,” said Mitra. The National Capital Region (NCR) and other nearby provinces reverted back under a Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) on August 4 owing to the major surge of COVID-19 cases, prompting a delay in the resumption of team workouts among professional players. The GAB chairman also didn’t mince words against repeated violators, adding it has the right to cancel licenses of erring players or ball clubs. “Kung talagang paulit-ulit ay puwede sigurong suspendihin at eventually, kung talagang matigas ang ulo, tanggalan ng professional license. We can do that dahil meron na ring JAO,” Mitra said in the weekly forum presented by San Miguel Corp., Go For Gold, MILO, Amelie Hotel Manila, Braska Restaurant, Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR), and powered by Smart, with Upstream Media as the official webcast partner. Mitra commended both the PBA and PFL for policing their ranks and doing their job of having everybody on board in terms of understanding and abiding by the strict health guidelines as provided under JAO. He added the cooperation of every players and teams are needed for the plan to work out especially once teams begin their respective trainings. “So far yung mga leagues naman sila na mismo (ang kumikilos). Nau-unahan parati ang GAB, kasi kami we want to hear both sides, we want due process.  And we’re doing several things. Unlike ang PBA, nakatutok lang sa PBA, ang PFL nakatutok lang sa PFL,” said the son of the late House Speaker Ramon Mitra Jr. In the case of the Blackwater franchise, the GAB chairman said the team was only given stern warning by his office since the violations committed were done when JAO was yet in effect. Besides, the PBA already penalized the ballclub for P100,000. “The PBA already sanctioned them and GAB doesn’t want to really step on institutions. We always believe in self-regulation. Nandiyan lang kami kung kailangan ninyo kami,” said Mitra, a former member of the House of Representatives and Palawan governor. At the same time, he clarified that guidelines under JAO can be amended and revised from time to time, to adopt to the current situation of the country under the COVID-19 pandemic......»»

Category: sportsSource: abscbn abscbnAug 4th, 2020

79% see protocol violators as cause of COVID-19 spread – SWS

Eight in every 10 Filipinos believe that health protocol violators are the cause of the spread of COVID-19 in the country, a recent survey conducted by Social Weather Stations showed......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 29th, 2021

Mandaue City to continue penalizing health protocol violators

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines—There will be no changes in the policies implemented by the Mandaue City government with regards to penalties for violators of health protocols here. Lawyer Lizer Malate, head of the city’s Emergency Operations Center, said city ordinance no. 15-2020-1531, penalizing anyone caught not wearing a face mask or failing to properly wear face […] The post Mandaue City to continue penalizing health protocol violators appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 19th, 2021

Punish health protocol violators, LGUs told

With the easing of travel restrictions, the Department of the Interior and Local Government has ordered local government units to impose sanctions on people not observing minimum health protocols......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 2nd, 2021

84 curfew violators including 10 minors apprehended in Cebu City

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Cebu City police rounded up 84 curfew and health protocol violators during their regular round-up on Thursday, February 4, Police Lieutenant Colonel Wilbert Parilla, deputy director for operations of the Cebu City Police Office, confirmed. Parilla said that among the arrested individuals were 10 minors who were caught by Station […] The post 84 curfew violators including 10 minors apprehended in Cebu City appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 5th, 2021

Fewer violators caught as quarantine ordinance takes effect

CEBU CITY, Philippines — There are fewer health protocol violators in Cebu City as the City Ordinance 2566 or the ordinance penalizing quarantine violators takes effect on August 16. This is the assessment of most of the Cebu City Police Office Police Station commanders of the 11 police stations in the city after only 5 […] The post Fewer violators caught as quarantine ordinance takes effect appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 16th, 2020

PBA hopeful for 2020 return after getting practice green light

It's finally go time for the PBA. The league has received official approval to have all 12 of its teams start training even as the country deals with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The Joint Administrative Order that allows the PBA teams to begin practice was released Monday. Officials who signed the order were Games and Amusements Board Chairman Abraham Mitra and Department of Health Secretary Francisco Duque III. [Related: PBA, other pro sports cleared to resume training] The PBA is hopeful that this first step can lead to the eventual restart of the 2020 season. "Nagpapa-salamat ako sa gobyerno dahil napayagan na tayo mag-simula, meron ng JAO," Commissioner Willie Marcial said.  "Hopefully, dire-direcho na tayo," Marcial added. In anticipation of the order, the PBA has set its health guidelines for teams to start practices. [Related: PBA: Heavy fines await COVID-19 protocol violators] Each team will train by batch, with only up to six people inside the facility at a given time. The practice venue will then be disinfected before the next six people enter. PBA teams will also undergo regular COVID-19 testing. No test means no practice. Finally, PBA players are encouraged to practice the "closed circuit" method to limit their exposure to the coronavirus.   — Follow this writer on Twitter, @paullintag8.....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJul 27th, 2020

DILG seeks clarification on arrest of quarantine violators

The Department of the Interior and Local Government is seeking clarification from Malacañang on President Duterte’s directive to arrest health protocol violators amid the congestion in jail facilities nationwide......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 22nd, 2020

PRO-7 to look for wider lockup cells for health protocol violators

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Police Regional Office in Central Visayas (PRO-7) is planning to look for wider lockup cells that would be able to cater to individuals who will be arrested for violating health protocols here. Police Brigadier General Albert Ignatius Ferro, director of PRO-7, said that they are doing this measure in line […] The post PRO-7 to look for wider lockup cells for health protocol violators appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 21st, 2020

PBA: Heavy fines await COVID-19 protocol violators

The PBA is almost ready to start having teams practice once again ahead of a planned restart later this year. As part of the league's health protocols, all teams will be subject to COVID-19 testing before opening training by small batches. Once practice starts, players will also have to observe a closed-circuit method that will aim to limit their exposure to the coronavirus. Players will be limited to travel from their respective homes to practice facilities and back. Their other travel concerns, like when going out for essentials, will be documented as well. "Ang players, bahay-sasakyan-gym," PBA Commissioner Willie Marcial said on the Philippine Sportswriters Association forum Tuesday. "Kung lalabas ka naman, bibili ka sa supermarket o drugstores, hindi naman maiiwasan, kailangan sabihin mo. May log kami araw-araw. Itong araw na ito nasaan ka? Bahay lang. Nitong araw na to saan ka? Practice lang or wherever, sabihin mo. May protocol," he added. The established PBA COVID-19 protocols are for strict compliance. [Related: PBA: Japeth, Wong fined P20,000 for viral basketball game under quarantine] Players will be subject to fines if they are proven guilty of violating the said protocols and penalties will be doubled for repeat offenses. "Pag hindi ka nagsabi at nalaman namin na nag-sinungaling ka, first offense ang players is P5,000 tapos dagdag ulit, dodoble," Marcial said on the fine for violating the closed-circuit method. "Sa protocols sa practice, sinabihan ka na ng safety officer na bawal, sumuway ka, P20,000 dahil nilabag mo yung protocol sa practice," the Commissioner added.   — Follow this writer on Twitter, @paullintag8.....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJul 14th, 2020

Protocol breaches to be penalized

The PBA is poised to penalize violators of the health and safety protocols of their training restart, particularly the current ban on scrimmages......»»

Category: sportsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 12th, 2020

DOH: Protocol breached in deployment of SONA cops waiting for COVID-19 result

The Department of Health on Thursday said deploying cops awaiting the results of their COVID-19 test for the President Rodrigo Duterte’s State of the Nation Address is a breach of protocol......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 29th, 2021

STATEMENT OF SENATOR RISA HONTIVEROS ON CASES OF DELTA VARIANT IN THE PHILIPPINES

Nakakabahala ang dagdag na bilang ng bagong kaso ng Delta variant sa Pilipinas. Kailangan maging maagap ang NTF na pigilan ang pagkalat nito at siguraduhing puspusan ang testing, tracing at genome sequencing. Hindi pwedeng makampante. Pinapaalalahanan natin ang ating mga kababayan, patuloy na sundin ang health protocol, kahit bakunado na, lalo’t bago at patuloy na […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  bicolperyodikoRelated NewsJul 19th, 2021

Boracay world class ang health protocol

Isa ang Isla ng Boracay sa mga nakatanggap ng World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) Safe Travels Stamp bilang pagkilala sa pinatutupad na health protocol na pasado sa buong mundo. The post Boracay world class ang health protocol first appeared on Abante......»»

Category: newsSource:  abanteRelated NewsJul 9th, 2021

PNP nag-deploy ng COVID-19 protocols officers sa mga lugar na apektado ng pag-aalburuto ng Bulkang Taal

Nagpakalat na ang Philippine National Police ng COVID-19 protocol officers sa Batangas at mga katabing lugar. Ito ay para masiguro na makasusunod pa rin sa health protocols na inilatag ng pamahalaan kontra COVID-19 ang mga evacuees na apektado ng pag-aalburuto ng Bulkang Taal. Sa Laging Handa Public Briefing, sinabi ni PNP chief Police General Guillermo […] The post PNP nag-deploy ng COVID-19 protocols officers sa mga lugar na apektado ng pag-aalburuto ng Bulkang Taal appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 4th, 2021

DOST waiting for WHO protocol on vaccine trials

The Department of Science and Technology is still waiting for the final protocol from the World Health Organization (WHO) to begin the Philippine Solidarity Vaccine Trials that aim to look for candidate COVID-19 vaccines......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 2nd, 2021

Tips from netizens + Oplan Bulabog = 112 violators caught from high class bar in Cebu City

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Police have attributed netizens for the tips or for informing them about the  operations of a high class bar in Barangay Luz in Cebu City that led to Sunday’s (June 20) “Oplan Bulabog” operation where at least 100 people were caught violating health protocols and staying well beyond curfew hours. Ang […] The post Tips from netizens + Oplan Bulabog = 112 violators caught from high class bar in Cebu City appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 20th, 2021

Reports: Phoenix s Paul in NBA COVID-19 protocol; Clippers Leonard hit with knee injury

Paul, whose Suns are already through to the Western Conference Finals after sweeping the Denver Nuggets, has reportedly entered the NBA's COVID-19 health and safety protocols, which puts him in doubt to play for the start of the Western Conference Finals......»»

Category: sportsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 17th, 2021

SWS: COVID-19 protocol compliance down in VisMin

Compliance with minimum health protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 dropped in the Visayas and Mindanao, according to a Social Weather Stations survey conducted from April 28 to May 2......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 11th, 2021

Kasambagan resto-bar gets first strike penalty for social distancing violations

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Rain is not a reason why health protocols cannot be imposed and the establishment should have a plan for circumstances regarding changes in weather. This was the decision of the Cebu City Business Permit and Licensing Office (BPLO) on the resto-bar in Barangay Kasambagan that violated the social distancing protocol on […] The post Kasambagan resto-bar gets first strike penalty for social distancing violations appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 10th, 2021

Quarantine violators down by 48 percent

The number of violators of COVID-19 health protocols apprehended by police went down by 48 percent, according to data from the Department of the Interior and Local Government......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 9th, 2021