Advertisements


Gov t must intensify fight vs COVID-19 after upward trend in cases seen — OCTA

“There is a clear upward trend now… and if this upward trend continues, the local governments will need to implement measures to reverse this direction before the pandemic gets out of hand,” the OCTA Research Team said......»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarJan 12th, 2021

COVID-19 cases steadily increasing after holidays

Almost three weeks after the holiday season, the number of COVID-19 cases is still on an upward trend in some parts of the country, according to the OCTA Research Group......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 20th, 2021

Experts observe upward trend in NCR’s COVID-19 cases

  BY ALEXANDRIA SAN JUAN     More people in Metro Manila are being infected with the virus which causes the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) as experts noted an upward trend in the number of cases in the region over the past week. In its latest monitoring report released on Tuesday, the OCTA Research Team also […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsJan 12th, 2021

& lsquo;NCR cases on flat trend but ICUs in Davao, Iloilo at risk& rsquo;

The COVID-19 infection rate in the Philippines is already “generally” on a flat trend, the OCTA Research Group has said, but warned intensive care units in Davao and Iloilo are currently at risk of being overloaded......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJul 5th, 2021

7,174 new cases; OCTA sees downward trend

Even as 7,174 new COVID infections were recorded yesterday, the OCTA Research Group sees the rate of increase in new cases in the National Capital Region continuing its downward trend......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 10th, 2021

Metro Manila sees downward trend in cases, but too early to ease curbs — OCTA

OCTA Research on Sunday said Metro Manila saw a downward trend in new COVID-19 cases last week, but cautioned against easing quarantine restrictions in the capital region by May......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 25th, 2021

COVID-19 cases in Philippines may reach 1M before end-April — OCTA Research

In a public briefing Monday, OCTA Research fellow Guido David said new cases may still climb to 11,000 to 12,000 a day “for the next week or so until we see a downward trend.”.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 5th, 2021

Covid-19 cases surge in NCR

The Octa Research Group on Tuesday expressed concern on the surge in Covid-19 cases in the National Capital Region, warning that the reproduction number is on an increasing trend and reversing it could be difficult. On Tuesday, the country logged 2,067 new virus cases, pushing the overall tally to 580,442. The group, which had tracked […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsMar 2nd, 2021

New virus cases on uptrend, spreading fast& mdash;researchers

The upward trend in Metro Manila’s new COVID-19 cases is expected to continue, even though localized lockdowns may have helped slow it down, University of the Philippines researchers who have been tracking the pandemic said Thursday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsFeb 27th, 2021

Philippines may see uptick in COVID-19 cases as holidays near — OCTA Research

Professor Guido David urged the public to maintain the downward trend of COVID-19 cases by strictly following health protocols such as wearing of face masks and shields and observing physical distance—measures that are critical in curbing the spread of the virus......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 5th, 2020

Italy ‘second wave’ fears grow as virus cases top 5,000

Italy was grappling Friday with fears of a second coronavirus wave similar to the ones seen in Britain, France and Spain, as it registered over 5,000 new infections in 24 hours. “We’re under extreme pressure,” the World Health Organization’s Italian government adviser Walter Ricciardi said, warning that spaces in Covid-19 hospitals were running out in the worst-hit regions. Italy registered 5,372 new cases Friday, the health ministry said, nearly 1,000 more than on Thursday. The country has not seen such high numbers of recorded new infections since mid-April. New infections are still well behind Britain, France and Spain, which are registering between 12,000 and 19,000 cases in 24 hours. But Ricciardi said the rise in cases could reach those levels in Italy just as winter begins and common influenza strikes. “When the flu comes, we risk having 16 thousand cases in a day,” he said in an interview with broadcaster Sky TG24. “I am very worried… (about) sub-intensive units because there are infectious patients who need to be treated in a certain way and beds are already running out. And that’s before the flu hits,” he said. The government moved to tackle the sharp rise in case numbers earlier this week, making wearing face masks compulsory in outdoor spaces across the country, on top of all indoor spaces apart from homes. – ‘Dramatic decisions’ – Lazio, the region which houses capital Rome, has been performing particularly badly, along with Campania in the south and Lombardy in the north, where the pandemic broke out in Italy back in February. According to official figures, more than 36,000 people have died of the virus in Italy, where a nationwide lockdown — the first in any European country — lasted over two months. Drained by years of budget cuts, southern Italy’s overstretched health care system escaped the brunt of the virus after movement between regions was banned, preventing cases from travelling down the country. But there are fears it would not escape a second wave. The Italian Association of Hospital Anaesthesiologists said Friday that hospitals in the south, where infrastructure is weaker, were not ready for an escalating crisis, despite efforts made to boost beds and staff numbers. Campania’s regional president Vincenzo De Luca said on Facebook he thought “we’ve reached the point where dramatic decisions need to be taken”. He said he could not rule out a new lockdown of the region. Regional Affairs Minister Francesco Boccia said Friday that if the upward trend continued, movement of people between regions may be temporarily banned. “A rise in the number of contagions was predictable. Intensive care units have been reinforced,” he said. “However, I cannot rule out limits on movements. Nothing can be ruled out at the moment,” he told Radio Capitale......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsOct 9th, 2020

Government candor needed in fight vs COVID-19

What disappointed a wide range of people in President Duterte’s state of the nation address last Monday, among others, was the apparent lack of candor in presenting clearly the state and direction of the government’s plan to effectively curb the upward trend of COVID-19 infections, and end what has been the longest quarantine imposed among… The post Government candor needed in fight vs COVID-19 appeared first on Bulatlat......»»

Category: newsSource:  bulatlatRelated NewsAug 2nd, 2020

Government candor needed in fight vs COVID-19

What disappointed a wide range of people in President Duterte’s state of the nation address last Monday, among others, was the apparent lack of candor in presenting clearly the state and direction of the government’s plan to effectively curb the upward trend of COVID-19 infections, and end what has been the longest quarantine imposed among all the nations hit by the pandemic......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 1st, 2020

Rising Covid-19 cases in NCR not worrisome: OCTA Research

MANILA - National Capital Region (NCR)'s Covid-19 cases may increase up to 500 this week but there is no need to panic.Dr. Guido David, OCTA Research fellow, said Tuesday the rise cannot be considered a surge yet."Tumataas ang cases sa NCR sa 52 percent one-week grow.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsJun 28th, 2022

OCTA: ECQ worked, COVID-19 spread slows

OCTA Research has found that the implementation of enhanced community quarantine from Aug. 6 to 20 has slowed down COVID-19 infections in Metro Manila, even as the country logged 16,044 new cases yesterday the third highest on record......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 22nd, 2021

16,000 daily cases possible next week – OCTA

With COVID-19 cases rising in Southern and Central Luzon, OCTA Research said the number of new cases in the country may reach as high as 16,000 per day next week......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 19th, 2021

COVID-19 cases up in Central Luzon provinces

The number of COVID-19 cases in Central Luzon increased in the past week, the OCTA Research Group said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 17th, 2021

OCTA sees new cases still rising this week

OCTA Research expects new infections to continue rising this week, citing as basis the country’s number of new COVID-19 cases hitting a growth rate of 29 percent last week......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 15th, 2021

COVID-19 cases in Metro Manila highest in 3 months – OCTA

New COVID-19 infections for a single day reached 2,823 last Saturday in the National Capital Region the highest since May 2 when the NCR was under modified enhanced community quarantine or MECQ......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 8th, 2021

Probing OCTA and other polling firms

Last year, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, out of nowhere, OCTA Research (or UP OCTA Research as it was referred to then) suddenly hit the headlines as it released its projections on local cases of the dreaded virus......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsAug 5th, 2021

Mandaue considers giving free temporary accommodation to health workers

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines — The Mandaue City government is again planning to provide health workers with free temporary accommodation. Mayor Jonas Cortes said especially that COVID-19 cases were rising and capacity utilization rate of hospitals had increased, it’s just also right to help health personnel as they continued to sacrifice their lives in the fight […] The post Mandaue considers giving free temporary accommodation to health workers appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 2nd, 2021