Advertisements


Lapu police chief back at work after beating COVID-19

LAPU-LAPU CITY, Philippines – Lapu-Lapu City Police Office (LCPO) director Police Colonel Arnel Banzon has returned to his work on Monday, February 22, 2021, or 18 days after he tested positive for COVID-19. On February 4, 2021, Banzon tested positive for the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), after he underwent rapid testing during the command conference […] The post Lapu police chief back at work after beating COVID-19 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource: inquirer inquirerFeb 24th, 2021

9 PUM cops free of infection; report back to work

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The nine police officers who were under placed under monitoring for experiencing influenza-like illnesses tested negative of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Police Colonel Josefino Ligan, chief of Cebu City Police Office (CCPO), announced this morning, May 2, 2020, the result of their swab testing that was made on April 23. […] The post 9 PUM cops free of infection; report back to work appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 2nd, 2020

Sinas back to work after 14-day quarantine

Philippine National Police chief Gen. Debold Sinas returned to work yesterday after completing the mandatory 14-day quarantine......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 26th, 2021

Lapu-Lapu City SWAT, MPU headquarters locked down

LAPU-LAPU CITY, Philippines – Lapu-Lapu City Police Office (LCPO) chief Police Colonel Arnel Banzon has ordered the lockdown of the Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) and Mobile Patrol Unit (MPU) offices, after two of their personnel tested positive for the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Banzon said that the two personnel came from the MPU, but […] The post Lapu-Lapu City SWAT, MPU headquarters locked down appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 28th, 2021

Biden to sign executive orders on Day 1, amid high alert for inauguration

Joe Biden’s top aide said Saturday the incoming president would sign about a dozen executive orders on his first day in office, as police fearing violence from Trump supporters staged a nationwide security operation ahead of the inauguration. Authorities in Washington, where Wednesday’s inauguration will take place, said they arrested a man with a loaded handgun and more than 500 rounds of ammunition at a security checkpoint, underscoring the tension in the US capital which is resembling a war zone. However, the man’s family told US media he was a security guard, rejecting the idea he was intent on causing harm. Incoming Biden chief of staff Ron Klain said in a memo to new White House senior staff that the executive orders would address the pandemic, the ailing US economy, climate change and racial injustice in America. “All of these crises demand urgent action,” Klain said in the memo. “In his first ten days in office, President-elect Biden will take decisive action to address these four crises, prevent other urgent and irreversible harms, and restore America’s place in the world,” Klain added. As he inherits the White House from Donald Trump, Biden’s plate is overflowing with acute challenges. The US is fast approaching 400,000 dead from the Covid-19 crisis and logging well over a million new cases a week as the coronavirus spreads out of control. The economy is ailing, with 10 million fewer jobs available compared to the start of the pandemic. Biden this week unveiled plans to seek $1.9 trillion to revive the economy through new stimulus payments and other aid, and plans a blitz to accelerate America’s stumbling Covid vaccine rollout effort. On Inauguration Day Biden, as previously promised, will sign orders including ones for the US to rejoin the Paris climate accord and reverse Trump’s ban on entry of people from certain Muslim majority countries, Klain said. “President-elect Biden will take action — not just to reverse the gravest damages of the Trump administration — but also to start moving our country forward,” Klain said. – 500 rounds of ammunition – Meanwhile, Washington was under a state of high alert after a mob of President Donald Trump’s supporters stormed the Capitol on January 6. The assault left five people dead, including a police officer. Security officials have warned that armed pro-Trump extremists, possibly carrying explosives, pose a threat to Washington as well as state capitals over the coming week. Thousands of National Guard troops have been deployed in Washington and streets have been blocked off downtown with concrete barriers. On Friday night, police arrested a Virginia man at a security checkpoint where he tried to use an “unauthorized” credential to access the restricted area where Biden will be inaugurated. As officers checked the credential against the authorized access list, one noticed decals on the back of Wesley Beeler’s pick-up truck that said “Assault Life,” with an image of a rifle, and another with the message: “If they come for your guns, give ’em your bullets first,” according to a document filed in Washington, DC Superior Court. Under questioning, Beeler told officers he had a Glock handgun in the vehicle. A search uncovered a loaded handgun, more than 500 rounds of ammunition, shotgun shells and a magazine for the gun, the court document said. Beeler was arrested on charges including possession of an unregistered firearm and unlawful possession of ammunition. But Beeler’s father Paul told The New York Times his son had been working as a security guard on the Capitol grounds. Asked if the younger Beeler supported a peaceful transition of power, Paul Beeler told the newspaper, “That’s the reason he’s there.” In addition to the heavy security presence in Washington, law enforcement was out in force in state capitals around the country to ward off potential political violence. Mass protests that had been planned for the weekend did not materialize on Saturday, with security far outnumbering Trump supporters at several fortified statehouses, US media reported. In St Paul, Minnesota, for example, hundreds of law enforcement officers, some armed with long guns, ringed the Capitol with National Guard troops providing backup.  The number of protesters totaled about 50......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsJan 17th, 2021

PNP sets work-from-home scheme for pregnant cops

The Philippine National Police has implemented a work-from-home scheme for pregnant policewomen after two who contracted COVID-19 suffered a miscarriage while undergoing treatment, PNP chief Gen. Debold Sinas said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 29th, 2020

Consolacion cops back to patrolling coastal areas

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Consolacion policemen are back to their usual patrols along the coastal areas of the town before the COVID-19 pandemic hit. Police Major Verniño Noserale, Consolacion Police Station chief, said that that since the quarantine status last March, some of their usual patrols and inspections were not carried out as often as […] The post Consolacion cops back to patrolling coastal areas appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 12th, 2020

People abusing quarantine passes to travel anywhere, anytime , task force claims

“The main and only reason behind the exemption from community quarantine is for them to go to their places of work because the nature of their jobs is essential to provide the basic goods and services to our people under community quarantine, and for them to go back to their homes,” explained Police Lt. Gen. Guillermo Lorenzo Eleazar, commander of the JTF COVID Shield.  .....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 9th, 2020

Economic recovery takes ‘one step back’

The Philippine economic recovery is taking a step back to curb the surging coronavirus outbreak and fix the fragile health system waging a “losing battle” against the pandemic. Finance Secretary Carlos G. Dominguez III said yesterday that the return of Metro Manila and nearly provinces to a stricter lockdown may take a toll on the drivers of economic rebound in the near-term. But Dominguez said that if the reimposed stricter modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) is correctly implemented, it will have a favorable impact on the nation’s long-term economic prospects. “In the short run, the return to MECQ may negatively affect livelihoods, consumer demand and production. However, if the time is used to boost all our medical resources and prevent further spread of the virus, then the MECQ will be positive for the long haul,” Dominguez said. As this is a new virus, Dominguez explained that nations, including the Philippines, continuously learn to adapt to the challenges posed by the new and uncertain environment induced by coronavirus. “The whole world is learning how to dance with this virus: two steps forward and one step back,” Dominguez said.Earlier, the DOF chief pushed for a shift of Metro Manila and Calabarzon—accounting for about 70 percent of the country’s gross domestic product (GDP)—“as quickly as possible” to the most lenient quarantine status to kickstart the economy. However, President Duterte ordered Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal back under the MECQ from August 4 to 18 following a surge of COVID-19 cases and the appeal of healthcare workers. The two week shift to MECQ for Metro Manila and its adjacent provinces starting today ceased some businesses and public transport, while work and quarantine passes are also reinforced to restrict non-essential movements. Reverting to MECQ is an unwelcome develop for the economic managers as it could derail hopes for a recovery in the third quarter of the year. Acting Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Karl Kendrick T. Chua earlier said the economic impact of the quarantine measures in country was “more severe than expected.”  Days before Metro Maila reverted to MECQ, Dominguez said the local economy had already hit bottom and started to recover from the coronavirus-induced crisis, noting business activities have begun to pick up. The government had gradually eased the tough virus lockdown measures after the economy shrank by 0.2 percent in the first quarter......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 3rd, 2020

101 PRO-7 cops who recovered from COVID-19 now ready to go back to work

  CEBU CITY, Philippines— A total of 101 cops from the Police Regional Office in Central Visayas (PRO-7) who recovered from the coronavirus disease are now ready to go back to work. After overcoming the deadly disease, these cops will now be reintegrated to their posts for their usual duties as police officers. A reintegration […] The post 101 PRO-7 cops who recovered from COVID-19 now ready to go back to work appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 29th, 2020

19 PRO-7 policemen recover from COVID-19

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Nineteen more policemen of the Police Regional Office in Central Visayas have recovered from coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and will report back to work next week. With the 19  more policemen released from the COVID-19 recovery center in Barangay Taptap, Cebu City this morning, July 20, 2020, the tally for policemen, […] The post 19 PRO-7 policemen recover from COVID-19 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 20th, 2020

Lapu-Lapu City Mayor Recovers from Coronavirus

Lapu-Lapu City Mayor Junard Chan has recovered from the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) after a 14-day isolation. In reporting back for work on Thursday, Chan was greeted by members of the City Council and other city officials and employees in front of the Lapu-Lapu City Hall. “I did not expect that I would have a […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsJun 27th, 2020

Lapu-Lapu Mayor Chan reports back to work

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Lapu-Lapu City Mayor Junard “Ahong” Chan is now back at work. On Thursday morning, June 25, Chan arrived at the Lapu-Lapu City Hall after spending more than 10 days in isolation due to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). “Mainiton nga gisugat sa iyang department heads ug pipila ka mga kawani sa city […] The post Lapu-Lapu Mayor Chan reports back to work appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 25th, 2020

Chan on recovery from Covid: It’s a new life, new beginning

CEBU CITY, Philippines— Lapu-Lapu City Mayor Junard “Ahong” Chan has recovered from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and is now ready to go back to work. This was confirmed by the mayor through a phone interview with CDN Digital on Wednesday morning, June 24, 2020. Read more: Lapu-Lapu mayor Ahong Chan tests positive for COVID-19  […] The post Chan on recovery from Covid: It’s a new life, new beginning appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 24th, 2020

20 COVID-recovered policemen prepare to go back to work

CEBU CITY, Philippines — At least 20 police officers in Cebu are preparing to report back to work after having recovered from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The Police Regional Office in Central Visayas (PRO -7) announced that 20 of the 40 policemen, who recovered from the infection, were cleared to leave their designated quarantine […] The post 20 COVID-recovered policemen prepare to go back to work appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 18th, 2020

PSC ready to assist athletes returning from abroad

Philippine Sports Commission chairman William ‘Butch’ Ramirez assured athletes returning from abroad that the agency has the means to assist them. Ramirez reminded all athletes who wish to fly back to the country to notify the PSC’s National Sports Association Affairs Office of their return itinerary so that they can be assisted with the quarantine process once they arrive. In his appearance in the online edition of the Philippine Sportswriters Association Forum, Ramirez pointed out that if only men’s volleyball player Bryan Bagunas had contacted them upon his arrival, the agency could’ve immediately addressed his needs.     The 30th Southeast Asian Games silver medalist flew in from Japan last May 15 and took the required swab test in NAIA Terminal 1 upon his arrival. Bagunas, who returned to the country after the tournament in Japan that his team Oita Miyoshi Weiss Adler was supposed to join got cancelled due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, tweeted his concerns with the long wait for his test result while holed up in a hotel in Quezon City on May 20. Netizens as well as the media took notice of his tweet with ABS-CBN Sports reporter Dyan Castillejo informing Ramirez of Bagunas’ situation.     “Wala naman kasi kaming communication doon. Ang nag-communicate lang sa amin si Miss (Dyan) Castillejo,” said Ramirez. “Dapat pag may problema sila kausapin din nila ang NSA Affairs,” the PSC chief added. “Nalaman lang natin sa mga kaibigan nating sportswriters na may problema na sila. Sana tumakbo kaagad sila sa amin para masagot namin ang kanilang mga problema.” Ramirez immediately acted upon learning about the athlete’s situation and on May 21, six days after his arrival, Bagunas’ test result was released. Testing negative for the virus, the volleyball star was cleared to go home.   Going forward, Ramirez said that the PSC has three ambulances on standby and ready to pick up and bring athletes arriving from abroad to designated quarantine facilities while waiting for their swab test results.   Ramirez reiterated that the PSC is always open to attend to the national athletes’ needs especially in this time of crisis. All they have to do is inform the agency. “The NSA Affairs together with MSAS (medical scientific athlete services) can work together and assist them,” he said. “Matagal na namin itong na-prepare pero kung di nila kami tatawagan di namin alam ang problema nila.”   --- Follow this writer on Twitter, @fromtheriles.....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJun 3rd, 2020

‘Daddy cop’ ni Baste COVID-19 survivor: Back to work na po si Papa Sol

MASAYANG ibinalita ng Eat Bulaga Dabarkads na si Baeby Baste na naka-survive rin sa COVID-19 ang tatay niyang pulis. Isang frontliner mula sa Philippine National Police ang Papa Sol ni Baeby Baste o Sebastian Benedict Granfon sa tunay na buhay, kaya matagal-tagal na rin na hindi niya nakakasama ang kanyang pamilya. Sa kanyang Instagram account, ibinalita […] The post ‘Daddy cop’ ni Baste COVID-19 survivor: Back to work na po si Papa Sol appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 23rd, 2020

Lapu-Lapu cops arrest 82 curfew violators

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Lapu-Lapu City policemen have arrested 82 violators since the start of the strict implementation of the curfew as part of the measures against Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-29). Police Colonel Clarito Baja, Lapu-Lapu City Police Office chief, said that the arrested persons would not be released unless they would be able to […] The post Lapu-Lapu cops arrest 82 curfew violators appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 22nd, 2020

Cops linked to drug suspect’s mauling cleared, sent back to their posts

CEBU CITY, Philippines – It’s now back to work for the police officers reassigned to the Cebu City Police Office while they were investigated for their alleged role in the mauling of drug suspect Eddie Basillote. Cebu City Police Office (CCPO) Chief Royina Garma said in a press briefing that the investigation of the eight […] The post Cops linked to drug suspect’s mauling cleared, sent back to their posts appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 20th, 2019

PNP: Virus claims 2 more cops

The Philippine National Police (PNP) said on Sunday that two more police officers died due to Covid-19, raising the PNP’s death toll to 51. In a statement over the weekend, PNP deputy chief for administration Lt. Gen. Guillermo Eleazar said the 50th fatality is a 49-year-old non-commissioned officer assigned at the Police Regional Office (PRO) […] The post PNP: Virus claims 2 more cops appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsApr 18th, 2021

SBP chief: We back GAB probe on controversial VisMin Super Cup game

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) expressed its strong support to the Games and Amusement’s Board (GAB) for its ongoing investigation of the controversial Pilipinas VisMin Super Cup game between the Siquijor Mystics and the ARQ Builders Lapu-Lapu City Heroes that happened on April 14, 2021 in Alcantara town, southwestern Cebu. […] The post SBP chief: We back GAB probe on controversial VisMin Super Cup game appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 18th, 2021