Advertisements


NCR Plus residents barred to go out of the bubble before ECQ

Metro Manila residents and those in nearby provinces were barred from stepping out of the “NCR Plus” bubble starting Sunday, or a week before the implementation of the government’s strictest lockdown classification amid the threat of the highly contagious Covid-19 Delta variant. Interior Secretary Eduardo Año discouraged individuals residing in Metro Manila, Bulacan, Rizal, Laguna, […] The post NCR Plus residents barred to go out of the bubble before ECQ appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource: tribune tribuneAug 1st, 2021

Saudi allows 60,000 vaccinated residents on hajj, bars foreigners again

Saudi Arabia announced Saturday it will allow 60,000 residents vaccinated against COVID to perform this year's hajj, but Muslims from abroad will be barred for a second straight year......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 12th, 2021

IATF allows point-to-point travel from NCR Plus bubble

The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases has allowed point-to-point travel for residents from the National Capital Region Plus bubble as part of initial rules to spur tourism activities in the countryside, according to the Department of Tourism......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 8th, 2021

‘Worst visitor arrivals in Boracay’

Boracay recorded its ”worst” visitor arrivals last month as residents of Metro Manila were barred from traveling while the region remains under stricter community quarantine......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 1st, 2021

EDITORIAL - No room for ayuda anomalies

Into the second week of enhanced community quarantine, local government units have started distributing lockdown aid or ayuda to affected residents in the National Capital Region and the provinces of Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal. ECQ in the NCR Plus bubble has again deprived many people of their livelihoods......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 8th, 2021

Non-essential travel barred in Baguio, 5 Benguet towns

Non-essential travel among residents of Baguio and La Trinidad, Itogon, Sablan, Tuba and Tublay towns in Benguet has been barred for two weeks starting today to minimize the risk of transmission of COVID-19......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 7th, 2021

‘Bubble’ travelers barred from Western Visayas borders

Travelers from the Greater Manila bubble and the cities of Cebu and Davao are barred from entering the borders of Western Visayas amid the worsening Covid-19 outbreak.  The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF), over the weekend, approved the temporary suspension of inbound travel from Covid-19 hotspots until 10 April.  […] The post ‘Bubble’ travelers barred from Western Visayas borders appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsApr 5th, 2021

PNP urges public to report lugaw-blocking enforcers, says taking videos not prohibited

"The position of the PNP is that any kind of food that is legitimately delivered upon orders by residents during the period of ECQ in the NCR Bubble is considered as part of essential goods," Police Brig. Gen. Brandi Usana, PNP spokesperson, said in a statement sent to reporters. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 1st, 2021

DILG: NCR-Plus bubble residents to get aid

Local government units within the National Capital Region-Plus bubble are preparing food packs or cash assistance for residents affected by the enhanced community quarantine or ECQ, the Department of the Interior and Local Government said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 30th, 2021

HK-Singapore travel ‘bubble’

HONG KONG, China (AFP) — The “travel bubble” agreed between Hong Kong and Singapore will be opened on 22 November, their governments said Wednesday, in a rare piece of good news for the pandemic-battered tourism industry. A quota of 200 residents from each city will be able to travel on one daily flight to the […] The post HK-Singapore travel ‘bubble’ appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsNov 12th, 2020

Clashes in Barcelona over virus restrictions

Protesters clashed with police in central Barcelona on Friday after hundreds gathered to demonstrate against new coronavirus restrictions, including a curfew and a ban on leaving the city over the holiday weekend.  A protester throws crowd control barriers towards members of the Catalan regional police force Mossos d’Esquadra as clashes erupt during a demonstration against new coronavirus restrictions in Barcelona on October 30, 2020. (Photo by Josep LAGO / AFP) A spokesman for the Mossos d’Esquadra regional police told AFP up to 700 protesters attended the rally which later turned violent when a group of some 50 people “began throwing dangerous objects” at police, prompting them to try and break up the crowd.  An AFPTV correspondent in the central Plaza Sant Jaume saw scores of demonstrators wearing face masks, many chanting “freedom”, hurling rocks and crowd control barriers at police in full riot gear as the surrounding streets filled with smoke from burning barricades. Sirens wailed throughout the city centre as police sought to disperse the protesters with batons and firefighters hosed down fires in several large wheelie bins. Twenty police officers were injured in the clashes and twelve people were arrested, the regional police said on Twitter.  At least two establishments were looted and several police vehicles damaged, it added. A protest in the northern Spanish city of Burgos also turned violent when several dozen young protestors began throwing bottles and stones at police and torching rubbish bins, the Diario de Burgos news website reported.  “What’s happening in Burgos tonight only brings more pain and destruction. Anger won’t get us out of here,” tweeted Francisco Igea, number two in the Castilla y Leon region.  Despite the many restrictions imposed in Spain since July, when the number of cases began rising again, infections have spiralled with the virus claiming more than 35,000 lives and infecting more than 1.1 million people.  Almost all of Spain’s regions have imposed border closures in the hope of avoiding a new lockdown, but in Catalonia, where bars and restaurants have been closed since mid-October, the authorities have imposed extra restrictions.  Residents have been barred from leaving towns and cities over the weekend with police on Friday checking drivers on the main roads leading out of Barcelona......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 31st, 2020

Millions more face English virus restrictions as cases spiral

Millions more people in northern England face stricter coronavirus rules next week, officials said Friday, as reports suggested the government is considering a nationwide lockdown. A digital display shows NHS health advice on the coronavirus in Leeds on October 30, 2020. – West Yorkshire is to be placed under tier three Covid restrictions from November 2, 2020, the strictest level of rules. (Photo by Lindsey Parnaby / AFP) From Monday, nearly 2.4 million residents in five districts of West Yorkshire, including in the city of Leeds, will be barred from socialising with other households indoors. Pubs and bars not serving “substantial meals” must close, alongside casinos and betting shops, while people have also been told to avoid unnecessary travel. The Department of Health said the measures were needed as infection rates in West Yorkshire were among the highest in the country and rising rapidly. The Times reported Friday that Prime Minister Boris Johnson was considering a return to a national lockdown to battle the surge. Johnson was expected to hold a press conference on Monday to announce new restrictions, which would close everything except “essential shops”, schools and universities, the paper said, quoting a government source. In its weekly study of Covid-19 prevalence, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said the number of people with the virus had increased to around one in 100 nationwide. “There has been growth in all age groups over the past two weeks; older teenagers and young adults continue to have the highest current rates while rates appear to be steeply increasing among secondary school children,” it said. The country’s official science advisory panel warned in a report published Friday that the virus was spreading “significantly” faster and that hospitalisations were rising at a higher rate through England than its predicted “worst-case” scenario drawn up in July. The report said that in mid-October, shortly before new local rules were introduced, around four times as many people were catching Covid than anticipated in the July report. That study warned that 85,000 more people could die during the winter wave. West Yorkshire’s imminent restrictions are the latest step in the UK government’s localised response to the surging transmission, which has come under increasing scrutiny in recent weeks. More than 11 million people — about a fifth of England’s population — will be under the tightest measures from next week. Most of the areas in the “very high” category of the government’s three-tier Covid alert system are in northern and central parts of the country. Nottingham became the latest city to enter the highest tier Friday. On Thursday night, young people took to the streets in fancy dress and drank in large groups before a ban on alcohol sales in shops came into force at 2100 GMT. – ‘Targeted’ – The pandemic has hit Britain harder than any other country in Europe, with more than 45,000 people having died within 28 days of testing positive. Case rates are spiralling again after a lull, tracking the situation elsewhere on the continent. England is seeing nearly 52,000 new cases daily, a 47 percent weekly rise, according to the ONS, which conducts its analysis of households with the help of several universities and health bodies, and excludes people in hospitals and care homes.  Britain’s European neighbours and the devolved governments in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have reimposed partial lockdowns to try to cut infection rates. Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said Friday the government would continue its “targeted and focused” strategy of local restrictions in virus hotspots. “The arbitrariness of a blanket approach would be far worse than the effects of trying to be as targeted as possible,” he said. Meanwhile, a new study reported Friday that a Covid-19 variant originating in Spanish farm workers has spread rapidly throughout Europe in recent months and now accounts for most cases in Britain. The variant — called 20A.EU1 — is thought to have been spread from northeastern Spain by people returning from holidays there, according to the study, which is awaiting peer review in a medical journal. There is currently no evidence that the strain spreads faster or impacts illness severity and immunity......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 31st, 2020

LSIs barred in Basilan, Lanao Sur, Camiguin

Residents of Basilan, Lanao del Sur and Camiguin stranded in Metro Manila will have to wait before they can return to their provinces......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 8th, 2020

Quezon City jabbed 493K during ECQ

Quezon City reported administering 493,000 vaccines to its residents and workers during the implementation of the stricter enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) from 6 to 20 August this year. Of the number, 415,823 served as first doses while the remaining 77,077 were administered as second doses in the A1 to A5 priority groups under the QC […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsAug 22nd, 2021

MECQ stricter, residents warned

Under the so-called ‘tiny bubbles,’ each of the 17 Metro LGU has control points to guard against unnecessary cross-border travel......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsAug 22nd, 2021

Over 76K Talisay City residents receive COVID-19 jabs

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu — More than 76,000 Talisay City residents have already received their share of the COVID-19 vaccines. Mayor Gerald Anthony Gullas said that they were hoping to reach more with the opening of more vaccination sites in the coming weeks. Talisay City, a third class component city in Cebu, has a population of […] The post Over 76K Talisay City residents receive COVID-19 jabs appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 22nd, 2021

70% of Makati beneficiaries claim ayuda

Around 70 percent of Makati residents qualified to receive financial assistance during the two-week enhanced community quarantine have claimed their ayuda, the city government reported yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 21st, 2021

Alcoy closes beaches to non-residents

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Municipality of Alcoy, in the southern part of Cebu, has closed off its famous beaches from non-residents to prevent a further rise in COVID-19 cases. In Executive Order (EO) No. 2021-034, Mayor Michael Angelo Sestoso said that the town has already recorded 35 active cases of the infection and six […] The post Alcoy closes beaches to non-residents appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 20th, 2021

35 bedridden residents avail of Mandaue’s house-to-house vaccination program — VAC chairman

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines — The Mandaue City government has already listed 35 bedridden patients, who are willing to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and avail of the city’s house-to-house vaccination program. Subangdaku Barangay Captain Ernie Manatad, president of the Association of Barangay Councils (ABC) of Mandaue City and chairman of Mandaue City’s Vaccine Board, said that […] The post 35 bedridden residents avail of Mandaue’s house-to-house vaccination program — VAC chairman appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 20th, 2021

50% of Metro Manila’s eligible population ‘fully vaccinated’

About half of the more than nine million residents of Metro Manila eligible for vaccination have received their second dose against COVID-19, Metro Manila Council chairman and Parañaque City Mayor Edwin Olivarez said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 20th, 2021

Pateros vax available to non-residents

Having achieved 80 percent of its target for Covid-19 vaccination, Pateros is now open to vaccinate people from other cities in the National Capital Region (NCR). The municipal government will vaccinate people from outside Pateros, but residents will still be prioritized in the vaccination. The municipal government will issue a QR code and guidelines for […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsAug 20th, 2021